Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with BELT regulations...

Jman

I got a friendly "heads up" from a RO in last weekends match. Seems my belt (or my method of wearing it is not legal). It's a single nylon belt for my mag holders and holster, and, is attached to nothing. I just fasten it around my waist. I would really appreciate a "Readers Digest" description of "outer/inner" belts and their legal methods of attachment. I shoot L-10.

Thanks in advance.

Take that belt and run it through at least three of your belt loops and you're golden.  The other option is to buy a dedicated inner/outer belt system.  The inner belt usually closes with velcro, and the entire outside of it is covered with velcro.  Slide it through your belt loops and fasten.  The outer belt gets your holster and mag pouches attached to it.  The entire interior of the outer belt is lined with velcro.  You slap the outer belt over your inner belt and fasten it and you're good to go.  The advantages of the inner/outer belt are that you can put stuff over top of belt loops, or where the buckle would be and that you can ppel the whole rig off easily if you're gonna have lunch or need to use the bathroom.

I might be the only person who hates the velcro thing, so my outer belt attaches to my inner belt with four keepers, the things that cops use to attach their gunbelts to their pants belts.  If you need those, keepers can usually be found in uniform shops.  All they are is a strip of leather with snap fasteners.

Jimmy,

Nik covered it with the inner/outer belt set-up.  The other option is just to use a regular belt.  Either way you gotta have the belt attached to your pants (run something through the belt-loops).

I think the Burner has velcro sewed right onto his dedicated shooting pants.

In IDPA the belt must pass thru the loops on the pants unless you are law enforcement. The inner and outer thing is not IDPA legal since the holster and mag pouch must be attached to the belt that goes thru the loops(all the loops).

"Holsters and pouches must be worn on a belt that passes through regular pants loops" This is directly from the book.

(Edited by jmc9x23 at 12:34 pm on Feb. 16, 2002)