Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cancer

Scooter

I know other people here have dealt with cancer or a love ones with cancer, and I now share your pain. It's one thing to know a friend or coworker with cancer, but to deal with it in your own family is so much harder. Earlier this week, got a call from mom saying dad's in the hospital with a tumor. He's a doctor so he didn't make that big of a deal. But it's now diagnosed as stage 2 bladder cancer. It didn't spread to anywhere else, but still requires the complete removal of the bladder and reconstruction of a new bladder using a piece of the small intestine. While the odds of survivability are fairly good, there's always the possibility of something going wrong. I'm a pessimist so I have to plan for the worse. It's just sucks to think that there's so much of my life and my sisters' lives ahead of us that he might miss. This has definitely changed my perspective on life.

I was already some what miserable before this news hit because I was just barely getting over the gf deciding to break up. I really need to stop spending so much time in the hate forum.

I feel ya brother. My girlfriend just had surgery last month to remove her cancer. This on top of a multitude of female problems she has always had. A lot to deal with at 23 yrs. old.

Light at the end of the tunnel is that people do beat it. Doc told her they got it all and her future looks sunny and bright. Keep the faith and we will be praying for ya.

Mike

Scooter,

Don't be too pessimistic !

My wife has been kicking stage 4 cancers A$$ for 2 and a half years now and all is well.

Modern treatments are much better than in the past .

FIGHT !

Travis F.

I've pretty much been the same way, hearing about it happening to "other" people for a very long time. Well, now it's hit our family twice in the last few weeks. Mom is going in for a procedure on weds and she just found out that her 2nd cousin has inoperable pancreatic cancer and is only expected to live for 4 months. It appears that cancer seems to run in the family here and there and it stresses me out thinking about it.

I and two of my siblings have been lucky to have dodged that bullet for now, but we all have other issues. My brother wasn't so lucky and had a tumor when he was 10, but he's been cancer free since 1980 after surgery and radiation treatment. All I can say is, you aren't alone in this fight. Hang in there as best you can and try not to be a glass is half empty person (I tend to be one who thinks the glass is too big). Mom has told me that they caught hers in the beginning stages and that she should be fine, but still, she's going to be out of action for 2 months.. Dad is going to really need to step up to the plate and help.

Vince

Fight hard and be as supportive as you can.

My grandfather died from Leukemia, my grandmother died from cancer, my father died from leukemia, my best friend died at 47 of bone cancer.

My mother in-law is a breast cancer survivor as is my sister in-law. Positive attitude really makes a difference.

I hate cancer in all it's forms and wish I could do something to help you during this time.

Sincere regards,

I know other people here have dealt with cancer or a love ones with cancer, and I now share your pain. It's one thing to know a friend or coworker with cancer, but to deal with it in your own family is so much harder. Earlier this week, got a call from mom saying dad's in the hospital with a tumor. He's a doctor so he didn't make that big of a deal. But it's now diagnosed as stage 2 bladder cancer. It didn't spread to anywhere else, but still requires the complete removal of the bladder and reconstruction of a new bladder using a piece of the small intestine. While the odds of survivability are fairly good, there's always the possibility of something going wrong. I'm a pessimist so I have to plan for the worse. It's just sucks to think that there's so much of my life and my sisters' lives ahead of us that he might miss. This has definitely changed my perspective on life.

I was already some what miserable before this news hit because I was just barely getting over the gf deciding to break up. I really need to stop spending so much time in the hate forum.

Cancer really sucks. My dad was killed by a form called mesothilioma, which is one of the most deadly cancers there is. There was no hope from the diagnosis, and we had to watch it take him progressively.

It may not seem like good news, but you can be thankful he has something that has a high rate of treatment success. So many cancers do not.

I hope he gets well soon.

Get yourself a couple copies of Lance Armstrongs book "It's Not About The Bike". Keep one for yourself, give the other to your dad. I've given out 5 or 6 copies to cancer survivors who were going through their treatments. All came back to thank me and stated, what I'm going through ain't shjt compared to what Lance went through.

My 78 year old aunt just completed radiation treatment for lung cancer. Future looks good. If a 78 year old woman, overweight, diabetic, with two heart attacks and a small stroke under her belt can whip cancer with prayer and a positive attitude, your dad can too.

My dad made it out of surgery fine. He was on the table for 12 hours. Good news is they didn't find anything else and they were able to use a piece of the small intestine to create a new bladder so he can still urinate normally. So now we wait for the lab results to see if he's going to need chemo.