Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 Inch 40

TMC

I just finished bulding it, stainless long dust cover frame, Stainless Caspian slide 3 sided and lightened to just about 11.5oz, 6" bull barrel, 5" recoil system. 38.7oz total with the stainless magwell. Going to try it out tomorrow after the steel match, hope it shoots well. All I need is to find a friend with a good glass bead blaster to put a better finish on the slide.

post-690-1238480714_thumb.jpg

post-690-1238480723_thumb.jpg

post-690-1238480731_thumb.jpg

post-690-1238480738_thumb.jpg

6inchsv1.JPG

Thanks for the compliments

Vince is right, I'm not a gunsmith but I play one in my spare time. I only work on my own guns. I don't care if I screw up my own stuff but don't want to do it to someone elses.

Stand back, I have a mini-mill and I'm not afraid to use it!

Like it a lot. Nice blaster. Glad to see a 6 inch in a long/wide dust cover frame. I was hesitant to have built one 'coz I haven't seen one until I saw yours. Now, I will definitely tell my smith to build me one. Please let us know how's the cycle, what bullets etc. Thanks in advance.

That's a really cool-looking gun. Probably real easy to shoot too.

I'd be tempted to build one like that & just leave it in the white for a while in case I want to cut off some of the DC. Some ppl say a front-heavy gun makes them over-swing or torque the sights out of alignment but I've never seen that myself.

Heavy guns are kinda like pushing a cart uphill. As soon as you stop pushing, the thing coasts to a stop without much input from you. With a little practice it's very repeatable.

Here's a couple more photos, best I could do with the camera I have.

Shot a couple of mags today. Shoots really soft with 170fp ammo for my 5" gun. The gun doesn't feel any more nose heavy than my 5" gun with a full profile slide, bull barrel and tungsten guiderod. I was shooting 180 zero's behind 4.6 of Titegroup. It seemed cycle nice and come right back to point of aim with no dipping down. Its going to take more shooting to really know but it looks good right now.

John Kane, the 5" recoil system is just a reverse plug and guiderod for a 5" gun rather than a 6". That mean a bit less weight out at the muzzle because both pieces are shorter.

sv3.jpg

sv4.jpg

Archived