Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taurus 24/7

Tokarev

I have one and I love it. I am suprised that I have not seen any at matches. It is very accurate and reliable. I was able to use an Uncle Mikes holster for it. I think is one that fits a Ruger. You will have to cross reference on their holster chart. I really love the sights on the gun. I would not bother messing with the trigger or anything else.

Mike

They say the trigger is single action. Doesn't that bar it from Production?

Was there a pre "pro" 24/7 with DA or Glockoid trigger that got on the Production list?

What other use is a 9mm for IPSC?

I haven't torn one of these apart to see how they look inside. I assume they're "single action" in the same manner as the XD? That is, striker fired with the trigger releasing the striker rather than retracting the striker and then releasing it?

From what I can peice together from the info on the website, the "Pro" trigger system isn't any more "single action" than an XD or similar gun..... it just has a dual mode trigger, that allows D/A shots to clear a malfunction (failure to fire). I think they use a poor choice of words to describe the short, light trigger pull in "S/A" mode. Once a round is chambered, the trigger sets back just alike a Glock or XD to a rearward postiton. I don't believe from the one I handled that if a round is chambered, the trigger CAN be released to D/A. Only if it fires and the round fails to go off, then you can give the trigger a full second D/A stroke, recocking the striker, to refire. I think :huh:

So is a gun that has the same basic mechanics in principal as already approved guns, like XD (S/A), Glock ("Safe Action") etc, with the added feature of a D/A malfunction fire mode really not going to be approved? This trigger isn't any lighter or better than a tuned Glock or XD.

For what its worth it seems all the Taurus polymer frame guns, including the 24/7, have this "Pro" trigger mode standard now.

Hi Andrew,

The only gun that Taurus has provided info on for approval is the 24/7, they have not submitted any request to USPSA to have their 24/7 Pro considered for the Production

division. At this time, the 24/7 Pro is still under evaluation with IPSC as well.

Regards,

John Amidon

Director of NROI