Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airline Security And Sheep Mentality

Liota

What is the problem with the way we deal with terrorists? We are too nice. I have finally had enough of the BS the Airlines, TSA and all those guys are imposing. Since the incident the other day, they have started to take away carry-on baggage and liquids (including water). I can understand some concern. Heck! Make me drink the stuff. No problem. If I drink it and have no reaction at all, let me board the plane. If I even wince, the stuff goes in the impound, gets tested, if it doesn't pass the test, then I go to jail. No problem.

What's next? No baggage at all? Nude on the flight??? WTF????

I'm not done with this one, but I have to go to work.

Take care all,

Liota

totally agree!

After they took away my nail clipper (!) before boarding a flight the week after 9/11, I started thinkin' about all the *other* stuff in my laptop bag that would make every bit as good a weapon as all the stuff they were "banning".

It is all a veneer. Taking away "things" makes people *feel* they are secure, when, in fact, the best security is awareness, and fortitude to do something about it when sh!t hits the fan.

$.02

PS to Liota and Wakal and all the others protecting us while we sleep.... thank you.

Was stuck on a business trip trying to get home today and watched the idiocy in the airports. They had an issue with my lipstick but my laptop and associated electronics were fine. Watch out world....that frosted tangerine could have been dangerous :blink: I really don't have an issue with security measures....the issue I have is that we do all these things after the fact instead of planning and implementing ahead of time......

We need to look at young men of middle eastern appearance. We are inconveniencing everyone in an effort to appear non-prejudiced. White haired Irish ladies and blond, blue eyed 12 year olds are not the problem. I am not suggesting we discriminate against people because they are Muslim. I am suggesting we discriminate against MiddleEastern looking people because of terrorists. So far, everyone we have had a problem with has been male, between the ages of 17 and 34. Now why would we take Liota's water bottle and think we were being safe? The Israelis have been dealing with this for decades and they have people at their airports to perform security and they PROFILE.

I have to fly to Hawaii in a few weeks and I will be very angry if I can not take a water bottle and my MP3 player on a 9 hour flight.

What's next? No baggage at all? Nude on the flight??? WTF????

I'd have voted for that 30 years ago but my six pack has matured into a keg....

Not pretty anymore....:D

Edited by AikiDale

We need to look at young men of middle eastern appearance. We are inconveniencing everyone in an effort to appear non-prejudiced. White haired Irish ladies and blond, blue eyed 12 year olds are not the problem. I am not suggesting we discriminate against people because they are Muslim. I am suggesting we discriminate against MiddleEastern looking people because of terrorists. So far, everyone we have had a problem with has been male, between the ages of 17 and 34. Now why would we take Liota's water bottle and think we were being safe? The Israelis have been dealing with this for decades and they have people at their airports to perform security and they PROFILE.

Yeah...but...didn't a 30 something, average looking guy from middle-America blow up a Federal building about 10 years ago? No, it wasn't an airplane, I know.

I wonder what life would be like if simple, responsible folk like you and me were allowed to carry handguns on planes?

I say issue everybody a wooden mallet when they get on the plane.

Hard to hijack the plane with one or two, but 20 PO-ed passengers won't leave much but the tenderized remains of anybody that tries something.

...I am suggesting we discriminate against MiddleEastern looking people because of terrorists. So far, everyone we have had a problem with has been male, between the ages of 17 and 34...The Israelis have been dealing with this for decades and they have people at their airports to perform security and they PROFILE...

When every incident of mass slaughter of innocents in terror attacks in the last 30-odd years (OK City excepted) has been committed by male adherents of the "religion of peace" (neatly combining two lies into one cliché) between the ages of 17 and 34...

It's no longer "profiling" or even "discrimination" - it's called "a description of the suspects." Here's a newsflash - the next attempt to bring down an airliner full of innocents will certainly NOT be committed by elderly Presbyterians armed with tubes of Preparation H, toothpaste, or Starbucks coffee...

The Israelis have learned this (through bitter experience) and take an unblinking view of reality...whilst Dim-o-crats and other wring their hands in dismay that someone's privacy might be invaded or their self-esteem wounded...

Terrorism's greatest victory has been in inducing us to treat one another like criminals.

+1.... How few people does it take to throw the whole world into panic......????

The Israelis have learned this (through bitter experience) and take an unblinking view of reality...whilst Dim-o-crats and other wring their hands in dismay that someone's privacy might be invaded or their self-esteem wounded...

Just keep in mind... its not just the "Dim-o-crats"... its every one of "your" scum sucking political heroes on Capitol Hill playing on and pandering to the fear of the sheep around you ;) Place blame where its due - on all of them....

(and by "your", I mean in the group sense of the word, not n2ipsc's favorite politicos... had to edit to make that clear ;) )

I say issue everybody a wooden mallet when they get on the plane.

Hard to hijack the plane with one or two, but 20 PO-ed passengers won't leave much but the tenderized remains of anybody that tries something.

Aw, come on. Just issue everyone a J-frame loaded up with Glasers or something :D

Edited by XRe

With this recent incident, my guess is the bad guys will use non-middle eastern peons. You have potential suicide bombers from indonesia, chechnya, and other non-middle eastern 'profiles'.

I agree that the current airport security measure is a more of an inconvenience than thorough. Sadly, It's just the beginning. One day, there will be another intelligence/law enforcement failure and a consequent catastrophy.

To all, be safe and be prepared, we're living in dangerous times.

This is a valid rant. Not an outlet for political bashing of either party. It's closed for now. Someone pm me with a reason to open it.

I'd also like to see the stuff about a certain political party cleaned up by the posters. You know what I mean and I'd rather not fix those posts for them unless I have too...

Thanks...