Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Love My Wife!

Zeke Menuar

About ten years ago my wife shocked the heck out of me by getting me the Lee Anniversary kit for Christmas. That press is still on my bench cranking out rounds. I have cranked out about 700+ rounds in the last month getting ready to start shooting IPSC again.

Well she really did it this time. Evidently she got into my Midway USA wish list and took a look around. Got a call today from her today. She got her bonus from work and she ordered me to get the entire Lee Loadmaster 45ACP set-up. Never being one to disobey "The Imperial Red-Headed Scorpio" I dutifully ordered the Loadmaster today. Should be here in a week or so. I can't wait. I've been slogging away with the Challenger press forever. It will be nice to crank out pistol rounds at a reasonable rate.

Of course I'm keeping the Challenger Press. Try as I might, I can't seem to break it.

ZM

Edited by Zeke Menuar

Zeke,

That's really cool that you have a wife and she's behind you in your shooting.

I will never forget my wife coming to support me at the Area 6 Match a few months ago, standing in the pouring rain and waiting for me to shoot. Not one complaint, no sighs, nothing but smiles for the entire match duration. That's just awesome!

Congrats on getting the Loadmaster!

Edited by Cjblackmon

Congratulations! What an awesome wife you have!

BTW, when you get the LoadMaster, don't bother reading the instructions that come with it. They may be short, but they are uninformative. :( Don't watch the videos on the Lee website, they will just confuse the issue. Get the FAQ from the website, and read that to learn how to adjust the dies. The other stuff is, well, to be nice, just plain wrong. The FAQ is actually pretty good. If I had gone with that the first time around, I would have bypassed several problems I had getting things working.

Arnie

Zeke,

That's really cool that you have a wife and she's behind you in your shooting.

I will never forget my wife coming to support me at the Area 6 Match a few months ago, standing in the pouring rain and waiting for me to shoot. Not one complaint, no sighs, nothing but smiles for the entire match duration. That's just awesome!

Congrats on getting the Loadmaster!

I remember that.

Very cool!

:P Hey as another red-headed scorpio....we love to spoil our guys but I remember reading an astrology book that really made me chuckle...it said that scorpio women were most likely to light their mates jeans on fire WITH THEM IN THEM when you pissed them off....so watch out fellas......he he

:P Hey as another red-headed scorpio....we love to spoil our guys but I remember reading an astrology book that really made me chuckle...it said that scorpio women were most likely to light their mates jeans on fire WITH THEM IN THEM when you pissed them off....so watch out fellas......he he

Yep. I have a lot of those fire blackened jeans,

ZM

Good Wife... Bad Pick for Presses had a load Master Sold for $100 after about 3 months same deal wife got it for christmas. The slider for the Case Feeder sticks all the time no matter what you do to it. the Primer feeder little plastic thing get coaught in the way get FOBAR and then you got to wait or have a big supply of them. GET A 550.

The slider for the Case Feeder sticks all the time no matter what you do to it

There is a plastic block that pushes the cases into the shell plate. Rub candle wax on the ledge the cases slide on, everywhere that the pusher block touches the ledge.

The follower on the diagonal cam/square rod will act like it is sticking, but it is not the problem. Lubing the case pusher with wax fixes it.

B)

Folks,

I should point out that this thread is about a good wife.

It isn't about who likes what press better.

Zeke has pointed out (in another thread) that he doesn't really care to hear the Dillon comments. Lets show him that we can respect that?

Zeke -- good deal, man.

My wife also got me a bunch of reloading equipment; true, it was Dillon, but that was more of a coincidence, than anything else; guess she said something about me being a reloader during her cover shoot for the catalog, so don't feel bad...

But on a serious note. It's wonderful that your wife supports your participation in this sport. I love mine dearly, but in the last year and a half I've been shooting IPSC, she has never seen a match, and gone to the range exactly one time, and the experience was unpleasant. There are different, and many things we share, but shooting will never be one of them.

I've used the old pro-1000 some years back when I was still loading on a single stage. At the time, my friend had taken off all of the things that didn't work for him and after loading on a rock chucker, any progressive was better than what I had. It's great that your wife bought you what she did. I continued to use that old single stage after he took back his Pro-1000 until my new wife saw how long it took to load 200 rounds.. She bought me a 650 for Christmas and told me if I wanted the case feeder, I had to spring for that. :D

She doesn't shoot much and really wishes I'd spend more time doing things she likes to do (sitting and relaxing is what she likes to do... I can't sit still ALL the time) but she lets me do what I do since it releases my stress. I too Love my wife, it's nice when they get you something to make life a little easier.

Vince