Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lack Of Consistency In A Glock Trigger.

Rockclimbg

How do you guys/gals handle the lack of consistent pull with the Glock trigger? The breaking point of the trigger and the weight of the pull seem to vary from Glock to Glock and it makes switching between guns a little less seamless than I'd like. Granted, the difference is sometimes small but it throws off my timing. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've noticed a pretty big difference in tolerances with Glock small parts and a little stoning and polishing goes a long way towards making the trigger feel nice, they just don't all feel the same. Any suggestions for eliminating variables? Are some connectors more dimensionally consistent than others? Is there an specific work you do to multiple Glock triggers to get them feeling the same from Glock to Glock?

Thanks for any replies

Rockclimbg

P.S.: Purchasing an aftermarket trigger is not an option at this point.

I know what you mean. Mine have about 3 pounds difference in them with all the same parts. Take 4 brand new G17's out of the case at the store and there will be 4 different feeling pulls.

I just shoot the sights and stroke them through. I don't notice a difference in the guns or my scores when shooting a match, only punching paper at the range.

Which is why a "one size fits all" approach to triggers on this, or any gun, is not the most reasonable approach. Personalized to fit "your" gun as opposed to buying something and dropping it in.