Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Cart On The Cheap

Yar1180

Yours looks alot better than mine at $10 for the baby jogger at the flee market with nasty rusted wheels and torn up fabric. And $12 for a pair of gun holders from Bass Pro shop. All put together with old wood and some cup holders for the muzzles.

I haven't flown with one, but I assume it no big deal. The cart folds in half and is pretty compact. Ruggedgear.com makes a big duffle bag carrier for their cart. You could always just get the appropriate cardboad box too.

I've seen a number of "stroller-converted-to-3-gun" carts that have either fallen apart, or needed some creative reinforcing to keep them together.

Are there brands/models that particularly lend themselves well to the 3-gun-cart use?

B

The stroller I bought on Craigs list was originally over $200 new. It is very durable and folds easily. One lesson I learned was not to cut corners and buy the cheap $14 a pack gun racks. The plastic teeth they have will stip out in a day. Spend the money for quality ATV gun racks.

Somebody had a story about the airlines being reluctant to fly a baby carriage without you producing the baby. Have a good story ready just in case.

Not "reluctant", more accurately "we're just not going to do it" and they weren't interested in any "good story" that we might have had. We were trying to goto a 3-gun nationals, and Cindy had successfully done a gate-checkin of her cart before, but not this time. They weren't going to hear about about, they didn't care that they had done it before, and they were ugly about it. :angry: We had to check it at the gate as regular baggage (meaning it went into the EXACT SAME BAGGAGE COMPARTMENT on the plane as it would have with a real gate-check! :angry: ) and hope that when it showed up on the carrosell that the rugged gear stock racks hadn't been broken off. (They weren't, fortunately.) Now she checks her gun cart in a big duffle and it's almost always either over-weight or else her 3rd bag, or both.

Edited by wgnoyes

The rugged gear cart starts life as a baby carriage frame.

Of course I am always finding broken baby carriage parts in the cargo bays. <_<

Call it sporting gear, any of the "good airlines" will let it go for free.

Edited by blkbrd

• 7 years later...

Not yet set up for 3-Gun, but going to work well at my USPSA matches.

Front box is for ice chest, cause it gets hot here in Cali

Basket on the bottom for my range bag

Table on the top to use for reloading, etc....

post-48359-0-79040700-1377314784_thumb.j

Not yet set up for 3-Gun, but going to work well at my USPSA matches.

Front box is for ice chest, cause it gets hot here in Cali

Basket on the bottom for my range bag

Table on the top to use for reloading, etc....

Do all of us a solid and post more pictures. A build list would be great also.

• 2 years later...

I found a 3 wheel jogging stroller (free), that my son-in-law converted into a 3 gun cart. He did a great job, and it works perfect. However, it does not fold up all that compact. It will fit in his trunk but, no room for any gun cases.

I always offer to take my truck, so I don't have to carry my range bag ;)