Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Edge

newshooter

Hello every one I am new to the shooting sport and I got an offer on a sti edge which is blued it has less then 1000rnds cycled through it. it comes with 4 sti magazines not sure what size they are but said to be brand new. I can get this set up for 1500 I am wondering if this is a good deal or do you think I should wait and see if I can find a better deal down the road since I am just getting into the sport but if its a good deal try and get it. In the end ill be trying to get a sti or svi sooner or later just wanted to know whether to get it or not and not jump into something to fast

Thank you for taking the time and reading my question.

Joey

Edited by newshooter

Hello every one I am new to the shooting sport and I got an offer on a sti edge which is blued it has less then 1000rnds cycled through it. it comes with 4 sti magazines not sure what size they are but said to be brand new. I can get this set up for 1500 I am wondering if this is a good deal or do you think I should wait and see if I can find a better deal down the road since I am just getting into the sport but if its a good deal try and get it. In the end ill be trying to get a sti or svi sooner or later just wanted to know whether to get it or not and not jump into something to fast

Thank you for taking the time and reading my question.

Joey

If the gun is as you say it sounds to be a pretty good deal. If the mags are 140mm mags you will have a great start on a competitive set up.

I bought a used Executive (basically a hard chromed Edge) with 4 mags for $1450. Supposed to have had around 6K through it. I think it was 3-4 years old. I was in the same boat as you. Just started in April and didn't want to spend money twice.

Doesn't sound like a bad price, but not a steal either. FWIW.

I would jump on that deal.

Blued finish is a plus if you ever want to smooth out the back end of the gun. Taking the corners off of that cube of metal [where the trigger bow sits] takes some sting out shooting the gun. Angle cuts right behind the thumb safeties give your thumb knuckle a place to go too. Best I've seen of that are on DS's 1911 gun here:

http://www.sevignyperformance.com/jgd_gunsmithing.htm

Let me know if you don't want to buy that gun, I do.

Thanks for all you input I just didn't want to jump into a deal where down the road I would regret and end up having to get something else. I have read lots of positive feed back on the edge. thank you all for letting me know your thoughts on this. I should be getting it within next week or two thanks again

Joey

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of your opinions i just picked it up today i found out it had a few more things than stock it came with a tungsten guide rod fiber optic front sight and each magazine has a dawson base pad. i think i did good on this one Thanks again for letting me know your thoughts on this :D