Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wst / 147gr Jacketed / Minor

bagdrag

Does anyone have minor load data using WST with 147gr jacketed bullets they use and are willing to share the information? I've searched the topic and haven't found too many loads for that bullet weight. Is it even safe to use that combination?

Does anyone have minor load data using WST with 147gr jacketed bullets they use and are willing to share the information? I've searched the topic and haven't found too many loads for that bullet weight. Is it even safe to use that combination?

The WW 14th Edition reloading manual does not list any loads for 147 gr. FMJ and WST in the 9mm. It does list the following data for the 147 gr. FMJ with WSF powder:

3.9 gr. WSF - 895 pfs - 28400 psi

4.3 gr. WSF - 950 fps - 32300 psi

I have used 4.0 gr. of WSF and the Star 147 gr. FMJ in my 9mm's for a nice pin, plate, IDPA, IPSC load. I always use Winchester small pistol primers in my loads.

• 2 weeks later...

I load 3.8 grains of WST with a Berrys plated 147 (OAL = 1.160)

139 PF

139 PF

Hey Dave,

Thanks for sharing. I'm honored your first post was on my topic. BTW, what type of gun is that coming out of?

139 PF

Hey Dave,

Thanks for sharing. I'm honored your first post was on my topic. BTW, what type of gun is that coming out of?

I have been lurking in the BE forums for some time just never thought I might help.

Anyway, I am shooting a Glock 34 with a KKM barrel.