Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Trusight

cbrussell

Any opions on the STI Trusight? Any comments from new owners? Any feeding problems with shortened slide? Can it be bought without slide sight cuts, in stainless steel, just as a frame/slide fit?

Thanks,

Craig

I got a Trusight a couple of months ago and have shot 4 or 5 matches with it. I am switching from a Glock so I can't compare it to any other 2011 gun but I like it a lot. I had some trouble at first with it leaving a fired case in the chamber once every 200 rounds or so. I took the extractor out and bent it some more and so far that has fixed the problem. Mine shoots about 2.5"groups at 25 yards from a sandbag rest. OK for action shooting but I was hoping for more. I do shoot it a little faster that the glock 24 I was using before. I haven't had any feeding problems. The stock recoil master thats in it seems to work good. I am using a light load (3.8 gr titegroup and a 180 gr) for local steel matches and a heavier major USPSA load (4.5 gr titegroup 180 gr) with the same set-up with no problems.

The only thing that's been real disappointing is that it has a big nasty tool mark down the barrel. It still shoots OK but it bothers me. STI said they would look at fixing it so I'm going to send it in after the shooting season.

I am no great shooter but I practice the El Prez a lot and since I've gotten it I've been able to reduce my splits from .021-.023 with the glock to .017-.019 with the trusight and I've cut about .05 to .08 off my transitions. I don't know if this is all the gun. I've been practising a lot more this summer but the gun didn't hurt. Plus the thing is just so darned much prettier than the Glock.

Hope this helps

Yep thats the biggest drawback there's no real good way to clean the chamber. I'm using zero JHP's and Berry's plated bullets. I really like the masterblasters coated lead bullets they shoot good and they are cheap but I'm staying away from them. I tried a few and you could see lead after 1 mag full.

Archived