Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tuned Edge

North

I'm just wondering what one should expect from one of your "super tuned Edges". I would like to know about trigger pull weight, accuracy, and anything else you think is pertinent.

Is this as good as a custom pistol from another national vendor at around the same price?

The Super Tuned Edge package consists of a new STI Edge upgraded with:

- The DP Enhancement package

- Hard Chrome

- DP Ice magwell

- DP Fiber Optic front sight

$2226 if purchased separately, $1999 in the Super-Tune package deal.

The Enhancement Package is where Dave Dawson checks each pistol top to bottom for fit, function and appearance. We setup the breech face, extractor, ejector, mag release and feed ramp the same way we would a DP custom built pistol. Next we install a DP sear spring and tune the action. Then the pistol is test fired for flawless function, accuracy and zeroed at 25 yards. Hey if you were buying a Mustang how cool would it be to have Shelby tune it up a little first..

We also handle any warrantee issues that may come up on these, so all you have to do is send the pistol back to us and we'll get it right for you.

Accuracy is usually better than the stock Edge. The trigger pull will be better than a stock Edge. Give us a call and we can talk about trigger weights and other options.

We can also Super-Tune Bar-Sto pistols for California residents.

Edited by Dawson Precision

Accuracy is usually better than the stock Edge. The trigger pull will be better than a stock Edge. Give us a call and we can talk about trigger weights and other options.

My wife shot a Dawson-Tuned Edge at the USPSA Texas State Limited Championship last year. It was identical to the description above but in a blued configuration and a short, flat trigger.

I got to play with it a bit while we were preparing for the match and I can say hands-down that the accuracy and reliability were phenomenal. You won't be dissapointed. B)

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

We just got our father/daughter set of tuned Dawson Precision .40 Edges on Monday and they are working flawlessly. We've run approximately 200-300 rounds through them with no trouble. The fit and finish are top notch. Accuracy is real good. 5 inch handheld group at 25 yards. The trigger pull is about 3-3/4 lbs on both.

Edited by Sue and Sarah

• 2 months later...

I think Virgil Tripp, but I am sure, someone from Dawson will probably chime in here. I can't wait to get mine. I have a few more finishing touches I would like to have done before it is complete. I think I will be adding a red roupe grip as well. :wub:

We just got our father/daughter set of tuned Dawson Precision .40 Edges on Monday and they are working flawlessly. We've run approximately 200-300 rounds through them with no trouble. The fit and finish are top notch. Accuracy is real good. 5 inch handheld group at 25 yards. The trigger pull is about 3-3/4 lbs on both.

Chet is correct, we have used Fords for many years. I prep the pistol here in the DP shop

so it's ready for chrome when Fords recieves it. Prep is very important to finished product.

Thanks for asking, Dave

Any reason why you went with Fords over the rest? What is their turnaround time?

I've been doing buisines for over fifteen years with the owner of Fords, Horice is a good guy, does good work. Turn around 2 to 3 weeks is normal. We chome a lot of pistols he does them all.

Edited by Dawson Precision

Im in for one. I ordered one of these via Paul on Monday w/ a purty blue magwell and a 3-3-1/4LB trigger and an oversize mag release. Called back to add 4 tuned mags with the same purty blue +1 bases. Santa is coming early but DONT TELL MY WIFE!

I forgot to add the BIG selling point on this is the fact you guys will gaurentee the pistol intead of dealing with STI if need be.

What do you guys consider optimum for the OAL with 180gr?

Edited by tnek

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got my supertuned Edge from Dave a couple of months ago and it's been great. It runs 100% with both factory (WWB and Win Ranger) ammo and my handloads. My first handload with a 180gr Zero JHP gave me sub 1.25" groups off a rest at 25yds. I did do a grip reduction/contour/stipple and tweeked the grip safety, but other than that. I think I had one time in the first 300 rounds or so that a round didn't feed and I barely touched the slide and it went home...after that no malfunctions of any kind. Great gun, fast service and zero issues!