Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouches For Xd

jasmap

I've had/used the SpeedComps (excellent pouch for PD IMO), Uncle Mikes (nice low cost option for PD), and now used the CR pouches Limited and L10.

My favorite for Prod were the SpeedComp's; I picked them up from Pistol Gear (forum sponsor and all around good guy). http://www.pistolgear.com

If you want to go fast direct link to product

http://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?p...10SCA&cat=7

May get questioned once or twice but yes they are legal

+1 on the speedcomps. I also use a bladetech DOH with rescomp belt, and before the speedcomps used the CR mag pouches. It all depends upon where you like the bullets to face. The speedcomps put them facing out from the belt while the CRs face them along the belt.

If you like the CR's I have 5 for sale, barely used with all the parts :D .

I used (and liked) a pair of Bladetech dual kydex pouches with the Tek-lok quick belt connectors.

Now that you mention it....I've since sold my XD-9s and don't need the pouches anymore. They're like new. I paid about $50 each for them. If you want them, I'll let you have them for $60 for the pair shipped.

These are them: http://www.blade-tech.com/Double-Magazine-...Lok-pr-863.html

Edited by Eager

+1 on the speedcomps. I also use a bladetech DOH with rescomp belt, and before the speedcomps used the CR mag pouches. It all depends upon where you like the bullets to face. The speedcomps put them facing out from the belt while the CRs face them along the belt.

If you like the CR's I have 5 for sale, barely used with all the parts :D .

I'll buy them.

I started with a couple of Fobus dual mag holders with my XD-9 for Production. They work okay but hold the mags too close to my love handles. I switched to CR Speed pouches for the first three mags and then use one of the Fobus dual mag holders for mags 4 and 5. It is located behind my back around my kidney at that point and I don't have to worry about my mid-life bulge there.

I looked at the Speedcomp but passed even though I buy a lot of stuff from Scott. (A great guy to deal with BTW.) I didn't want the bullets facing away from me since I use CR Speed mag holders for my L-10 rig as well.

I'm leaning towards CR Speed and/or Bladetech. I use CR Speed for Limited/L10 and my SS setup is with Bladetech gear. I like the Speedcomp stuff but I like keeping things more streamlined and not using too many systems. With my simple mind 2 types of setups is plenty. :unsure: