Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Standard Exercise (USPSA)

Joe

Can a 'Standard Exercise' Under USPSA rules have only one string?

6.1.1 states "...MAY consist of more...".

US 6.1.2 states "...consisting of MORE than one...".

So would a Standard Exercise submitted for a Sanctioned/Tournament match consisting of only one 24 round string be approved as long as it met all the other criteria?

I'm going to 'guess' Yes under the first clause, but No under the second. I don't want to 'guess' I want to 'know'.  Can you help?

TIA,

Joe

Joe,

Standard exercises have to have more than one string.  6.1.2 and US 6.1.2 both state that it is a course of fire consisting of more than 1 string.

Sounds like you may want to call yours a "Speed Shoot".  Can you give us all the details?

I'm trying to develop some COF's for indoors have high string round counts but comply with the rules as much as possible. I'm restricted in movement so a Standard Exercise would be the easiest way to go.

Thanks for the help.  I just attended RO Class and as soon as I get the certification paperwork I am going to sign-up for the CRO course.

Joe

Thanks for the help.  I think since these are just local practice matches I can bend the rules a little and still be able to say its 'practical'.

Do you have the link for the site you spoke of?

Joe