Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Minor Load Using Tg Through Xd Tactical

sidnal

I need to develop a load for my XD tactical for shooting USPSA production division.

147grn Precision bullets

Titegroup

WSP

128-130PF

I have plenty of these components and just need to work up a load!

Assuming TG, WSP, 147grn PD bullets through an XD5", does anyone have powder weights to get 128-130 power factor?

Thanks in advance for the info, Landis

i dont think that powder will work out too well with those bullets...youll probably get a large dose of leading

some old stock bullets, as dave doesnt currently make a 147 grain bullet.

I think 2.8 grains might be a starting point

Harmon

Yeah, I agree that the Titegroup will be dirty, that's why I'm switching back to VVN320 for my limited gun. 19f11s are more fineky. I have about 4lb of TG left and figured that I'd burn it through the XD. Thanks for the info

I need to update my post to reflect that the bullets are 147grn Precision Delta.

some old stock bullets, as dave doesnt currently make a 147 grain bullet.
I talked to Dave last May, and he was planning on bringing out a 147 grain 9mm bullet towards the end of this summer, and a heavier (than 125 grain) .38 bullet after that.

I'd love to get one of his bullets along the line of the cast RN 160 grain .38 Super bullet, sized .358". :)

I use 145gr Lead RN, Polymer / Moly Coated in a fair number of Production type handguns.

Loaded 1.150" max, Fed 100 SP, 3.2gr Titegroup and get around 870fps (127pf) depending on barrel length. You can a little hotter but be careful.

If the bullet is not Polymer or Moly coated use a little less to start with.

Look around on this forum as there is a heap of data already here,search a bunch of threads.

My minor load using TiteGroup.

147g precision delta fmj

3.3g

federal 100 sp

Gives me 130-132 pf in my g34. It is my all time favorite 9mm minor load.

Edited by Trey

So are VV N320 and TG about equal as far as how fast they burn? I have been using 3.3 gr N320 under a Ranier 147GR RNFP at 1.135 making about 128-130PF. So if 3.2GR TG gets 130ish PF, it is safe to say they are about the same?

I ask because I am going to start reloading .40 for my new STI and I would like to be able to use the same powder for 9mm and .40 and it seems most people are using TG.

320 is good for .40.

Actually I use it for .40 .45 9mm

So are VV N320 and TG about equal as far as how fast they burn? I have been using 3.3 gr N320 under a Ranier 147GR RNFP at 1.135 making about 128-130PF. So if 3.2GR TG gets 130ish PF, it is safe to say they are about the same?

I ask because I am going to start reloading .40 for my new STI and I would like to be able to use the same powder for 9mm and .40 and it seems most people are using TG.

I ran 3.3-3.4, depending on how finicky my powder measure was to make about 130 out of a 4" XD (147 FMJ Zero). 3.2 should get you 130ish or so from a 5"

I'm running N330 now, it burns a lot cleaner, everything the same except 3.8 of it.

I only use jacketed bullets in my 9mm's. With the 147 gr. Star FMJ and 3.4 gr. of Titegroup and the WSP I consistentle get ca 905 fps. In my guns it has been an accurate and soft shooting performer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone for the responses. I finally worked up & chrono'd two loads for the Tactical XD 9mm.

147grn Precision Delta

3.2grn Titegroup

1.15" OAL

WSP

129 pf

124grn MGB

3.8 grn Titegroup

1.15 OAL

WSP

130 pf.

People can express what they want about "mousefart" loads, but the 147grn is hard to beat. It cycles fast in the XD. I got a deal on a case of the MGB, they shoot fine too. Once I shoot up the 124 I won't shoot any thing but 147mgb.

Thanks, Landis

Just a question, but someone here mentioned that Precision Bullets (ie the "black bullet") is coming out with a 147gr. 9mm?? I know that Precision Delta has them, but any more info on the Precision bullets would be helpful. I didn't see anything about it on the website?