Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring Fixed Time Courses

Al Capizzo

We shot several fixed time standards at a special classifier yesterday. There was some discussion of about mikes that incur a penalty and "non-penalty mikes". If there is hole in a no shoot target and hits missing on the scored target, is this a miss and a no-shoot? I thought so, but the decision by the match director was that there are no penalties for mikes in fixed time therefor this is a no shoot penalty but a non-penalty mike. How about hits in hard cover? Non-penalty mike?

This is buggin' the crap out of me because I don't think these stages were scored correctly, but I've been wrong before.

Thanks,

Al

Shooter Grrl, that's the conclusion we ultimately came too, but it was very confusing.

We shot 3 par time courses:

CM 99-14

CM 99-40

CM 99-54

with CM 99-7 rounding out the special classifier match.

CM 99-14 was the first stage for Al and I's squad.  Myself and another shooter shot, then we decided we should probably learn how to score it correctly =)

The confusion came around the hard cover on T2, T4 and T6.  If its hit, should it be a penalty or no-penalty miss?  The no-shoots were of course treated as a no-shoot penalty.

We ultimately treated the hard cover as a no-penalty miss, but we were never really sure we were doing it correctly.

So, the question is, on a par time stage, if you hit hard cover, is it a penalty or no-penalty miss?

Fun classifier match, somewhat easier to figure out the HHF on par time stages =)

Was great getting to finally meet Al officially, that man can work a single stack!!

BradC

A46143

(Edited by BradC at 6:41 pm on Sep. 2, 2002)

SG,

That makes perfect sense.  Now another question.

When it comes to scoring said classifier with EZWinScore for the match etc, how do you input the hit on hard cover?

Each target is scored "Best 3 on paper".  When you get to one with a hit on hard cover, we put down on the score sheet, 2 alpha, 1 mike (for instance).  For match scoring, is that 1 mike (need 3 shots!) a non-penalty miss?

I think the answer is yes, its a non-penalty miss.  Just want to make sure =)

BradC

A46143

Actually I guess it is because I've done this stuff on EZScore that the question even came up.

When you score a timed fire stage in EZScore it asks for both misses (which it will penalize) and "non-penalty misses". My thinking was (is) if the scoring program is differentiating between two types of mikes, there must be a reason. The no penalty spot is for shots not fired, but if you put one in a no-shoot that should have been on a target, you get the no-shoot and a mike for the hit that isn't where it belongs.

Maybe I'm just getting cranky lately!

Brad C., do you need directions to Lufkin's match next weekend? Its a good one.

And Shooter Grrl, thanks for your replies.

Al

You're actually thinking too much Al :D  EZScore just needs to make sure the total is right and it really doesn't know that it was a timed fire course - so ALL the non hits go in no-penalties - regardless of whether it was a no shoot or in the hard cover and then all the good countable hits go in as score - capiche?