Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Training With A .22 Kit?

kdmoore

I have the DPMS 16" bull barrel upper with the aluminum float tube. I swap it onto the lower from my match rifle for most of my practice(about once every 5 years if my scores are a reflection). My match gun is a 20" heavy barrel with a Clark carbon fiber float tube. The two uppers seem to approximate each other regarding weight and feel. My lower, believe it or not, is an Olympic arms, with a JP trigger( I'm sure that somebody has a remark regarding pigs and perfume about now...I am running a standard weight hammer) and the DPMS has been 100% with Winchester Wildcat ammo. It is much like shooting a water hose. Both uppers have similar low powered variables on them and it seems to be an excellent training tool. I also have a 10/22 however and am currently experimenting in that direction due to the Butler Creek mags and loader. You can never spend too much time with any rimfire I guess....

• 1 month later...

I got the CZ kit. I had to fit the rear pin hole to fit my bushy lower and had some early jam issues but now that it's broken in I can shoot cheapo thundercat .22 and only get a failure to extract every 50 rounds or so. Cheap, cheap, cheap and a whole lot of fun shooting.