Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Hate Being A "grown Up" Person

Shooter Grrl

My 15 year old cat, Smiley, was euthanised at 12:15pm this afternoon. She's better off, I'm not! It really really sucks to be *that* responsible for another life (even if it is an animal life!)

Be free my old grrl - you'll live in our hearts and memories forever :wub:

I had to do it again today guys. Bruno went into renal failure late last week. Today, I ended his body's suffering and put him in peace. It was an easy choice to make once I looked into his eyes. My boy was not a happy cat!

Kath,

Although I have planted several canine and feline friends in the back yard over the years, the one that got me most was a cat that was 6 months short of 20 years old.

I must admit that this big ol' boy cried like a baby when he took her to the vet.

As the teenagers were fond of saying a couple of years ago, "I feel your pain"

dj

Edited by dajarrel

Kath, our thoughts are with you.

We have a solid white cat with mismatched eyes that somehow acquired the name Snicker. He was wrapped in the umbilical at birth and was not suppose to live out the night. Well, he is 10 now. He has always walked funny due to damage substained at birth, but he lives a happy life. I dread the day he passes or we have to put him down, I don't think my wife will survive it.

He is the only male cat in the house - Lady (11), Gracie (3), and Sasha (6) let him think he rules the roost until they get fed up with him. Then they gang up on him.

It's amazing how attached to our pets we become. Just before my wedding, my dog suffered kidney failure. Thankfully he survived it and lived for a good number of years afterwards. But as I type this, I can see a bridal picture with my faithful Jack by my side. The photographer thought I was crazy to bring a dog. I know it hurts, but soon it will hurt less.