Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
chrisa770

Dillon Vs. Alternative Maker Dies

31 minutes ago, Slide4949 said:

I use redding and dillon, both work well but really like the redding pro seating die. Easy adjustments

Wow! Talk about a "Lazarus Revival Thread"!!!

11 years with no replies, and then this!

Some people are slow readers !    ?

Thank you  to the thread contributors ! I am looking at getting another press. I have a forster co-ax my dad gave me. I will build a table for the 650.

+1 for Lee dies! Was having trouble with FTEs using Hornady custom grade dies in my LnL press in my STI DVC... grant it all rounds ran great in my glock 34, but STI barrel is a bit tighter. I added the LEE factory crimp die and now runs 100%. Since then I switched to the full set of LEE 9mm dies and will do so for 223 also

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I use the Redding Competition Pro Series 3pc die set. The dual carbide sizing die gets rid of all the glock bulged brass. The micrometer seating die is very convenient when loading since I load my 40cal long 1.200oal for 1911/2011 guns but have to load 1.150oal for my other guns.

On 5/4/2018 at 8:25 AM, Doublehelix said:

Wow! Talk about a "Lazarus Revival Thread"!!!

11 years with no replies, and then this!

Resurrecting posts is how you get to 50 of your own.

New guys have guns to sell, man! ;) 

Dillon dies are allright, but personally I've been using ordinary LEE  dies on a 4 stations LEE  turret press for yonks now without any issue;  for rifles I've always used a LYMAN  press and REDDING  dies.. 

As many have stated, I also use Lee Dies with Dillon lock rings in my Dillon 650

I recently started using a Dillon crimp die for my coated lead bullets, seems to work MUCH better than the Lee FCD on lead. Not as much squish on bullet which equals higher accuracy.

I like the Redding does a little better than the Dillon. I got more consistent crimp with the Redding and had way fewer per 100 to fail the case checker.