Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Vs. Alternative Maker Dies

31 minutes ago, Slide4949 said:

I use redding and dillon, both work well but really like the redding pro seating die. Easy adjustments

Wow! Talk about a "Lazarus Revival Thread"!!!

11 years with no replies, and then this!

+1 for Lee dies! Was having trouble with FTEs using Hornady custom grade dies in my LnL press in my STI DVC... grant it all rounds ran great in my glock 34, but STI barrel is a bit tighter. I added the LEE factory crimp die and now runs 100%. Since then I switched to the full set of LEE 9mm dies and will do so for 223 also

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I use the Redding Competition Pro Series 3pc die set. The dual carbide sizing die gets rid of all the glock bulged brass. The micrometer seating die is very convenient when loading since I load my 40cal long 1.200oal for 1911/2011 guns but have to load 1.150oal for my other guns.

Dillon dies are allright, but personally I've been using ordinary LEE  dies on a 4 stations LEE  turret press for yonks now without any issue;  for rifles I've always used a LYMAN  press and REDDING  dies.. 

• 4 weeks later...

I like the Redding does a little better than the Dillon. I got more consistent crimp with the Redding and had way fewer per 100 to fail the case checker.