Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot My 1st Match Today!

Richie

Well, I did it! I shot my first match ever today!! It was a great time, a little hot, but still a 10 on the fun scale. I don't have an idea yet of how I scored as they were not finished with the results yet. It was just great to see some fast shooters in my group tear the courses up though! The adrenaline rush that you feel is awesome, definitely a sport a lot more people should get out and try!!! A huge thanks to all you guys on this forum for helping a real noob who doesn't get much practice time learn fundamentals! Thanks to Steve Moneypenny as well for driving up and shooting the match with me!

With the holiday etc.. found out the results won't be posted on website until thursday or friday! i felt very happy with my times for the limited time i've been shooting. I did have some mental errors on one stage, gun jammed on another stage, and a RO held me up for a few seconds on a 3rd stage! Other than that it was a complete blast, and I find myself looking for when the next match will be held already lol! I was able to shoot with 2 master class shooters in my group, and it made everything awesome to have a front row seat for lol, I was very excited to shoot close to their times on 1 stage though! Felt pretty incredible to come close to their times ( i'll chalk it up to beginners luck :) ) Anyways, can't wait to see the results posted, i'm really hoping for a top 10 finish. If not, I still gave it a good run!!!!

Wait till i take him to a USPSA match ;)

Wish we had a hundred new shooters like Richie, wants to learn, humble and works hard at it... ooh and listens too.

was great shooting with you. you did great at the match. wish my first match had went that well.

Also a thanks to the guys at the MDRC (mason dixon rifle club) in Morgantown, WV they put on a good match with a great atmosphere.

Well, the results are in. I finished 15 out of 33 shooters :( Not happy with those results, but I know a lot of areas that I could do so much better on. I also know of a few things that cost me probably all told 10-15 seconds of time over the entire match :( So overall, i'm still extremely excited, and which everyday i could be at the range :) I'll be better next time and thats all that counts!!!

btw... I averaged out my time per shot average and if I post that towards a 90 round classifier, I would've been solidly in the Expert class, and only about 8-10 seconds out of Master in ESP... I know its not a fair comparison, but its a start :) Thats my new goal, to become master by the middle of next year!... Lofty goal, I know, but i'm a very challenging to myself :) Thanks again for all the help you guys give on this forum!!!

Edited by Richie

I finished 15 out of 33 shooters Not happy with those results,

Not bad for your first time!

Don't focus too much on the end result..focus on the performance.

but I know a lot of areas that I could do so much better on

There you go!!!