Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Automobile

Mine is a Dodge Dakota Quad cab 4wd. Its the best package I have in the last few tries. My Cherokee was nice but like all enclosed SUV's regardless of size its like window shopping.

My last one, a full size Dodge 4WD Quad cab with a Hemi not only wasnt fuel friendly on the highway but its just to damn tall to easily grab stuff out of the bed.

My current Dakota is perfect. Its got the short bed and I have an Undercover lid on it thats easy enough to remove in minutes and its LIGHT. Know how heavy a fiberglass lid is?? I can still use mine for hauling the usuall truck stuff in a snap plus with the cover on I can haul guns, gear and carts for at least 2 guys, probably 3.

Its SO easy to reach all spots in the bed with to top up compared to full size trucks and not even considering the hassle of a tall 4wd.

The nice part about not just this truck but any truck with a cover is that you can leave most of the gear in day in and out. Cart, cooler, extra ammo, a range bag with the eyes and hearing protection, shoes,, whatever you hate to lug in and out of the house except guns.

The iceing on the cake is adding a alarm/remote start from Viper.

BTW I get around 17 MPG at 70ish on the highway from a 4.7 V8 with 5 speed automatic.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

You guys have it ALL wrong!!!

The best 3gun vehicle is a 2005 Chevy Blazer!!

Well...maybe not so much that it was a Blazer, or that it was Chevy or even that it was a 2005......more importantly ....it was rental that we took to the 2005 Rocky Mtn 3Gun.

AND!!!......the coolest thing was, not only did it hold all of our gear nicely, drove decent, blah, blah, blah......we didnt have to clean it when we returned it to the rental place....and holy snap caps was it a friggen mess!!!!.....it was NOT so dry out there if you remember.

Top THAT!!!!

Tim

Guy, jeeps have a better field of veiw, its easier to see stuff laying on the ground :lol::lol:

I just finished an eight+ year project, it didn't seem that long, until I remembered that Scout has never ridden in it. I've actually owned it since high school. So Jeeps have been in my blood, a long time.

See ya round..............trapr

I have not even been to one of these matches yet and I can say, without doubt, that I have one of the very best setups for this game. I have an F250 Super Duty Crew Cab with a cap on the bed. If that isn't enough room I also have a 16' V-nosed box trailer that is made for haulin' motorcycles or snowmobiles. This rig has hauled me, my daughter and 3 very large cowboys and all our gear to some very distant Cowboy Action Matches. This is one area where I know I have the right gear. I doubt that you guys haul any more gear than I do when I am shooting Cowboy Action Matches. I know there is at least one guy sittin there goin do you haul 5 rifles, 5 shotguns and 10 pistols to a match for yourself when you know you only get to shoot one of each? Yes. :D I am that guy. :P I will admit I need the other 3 guys to help with the gas money though. :o

• 3 weeks later...

2004 Black Yukon XL black tinted windows and gun vault in the back. A couple of antennas on the top on you don't even get pulled over buy the State Police. I guess you look "Official" or something. Gas mileage is good @ 18 or so to the gallon. You can haul 4 guys and all there guns and ammo while still watch Matt videos or corn on the dvd player in the back.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I can see that you all have diligently though out your modes of transport.

For me; I only have only best friends who own late model vehicles like Armadas, Suburbans, Crew cab trucks, Off Road Nissans and the likes. I do furnish my own pillow, blankie and ear plugs.

Fondly

Mell

And, Mell actually shows up for the ride at time he says he will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat that!!

although the conversation ALWAYS turns to deviant mode, no matter what, and I mean no matter how hard you try, no matter what the topic is it, ALWAYS turns to deviant mode. :lol:

Trapr

I just thought I would post about our match car(s). Depending on the day and distance, we take a tahoe, (its hard to beat those heated leather seats) and if the trip is longer, we take the honda hybrid. It is hard to be 49 mpg at 70 mph going to the match. As to rough road, I have had this car deep into landfills, at the North Mtn Range in Strasburg, VA (behind an orchard, off the two tracks) and it has gotten us there and back with no problems. Sorry no pictures to post.

MY 3 gun transportation... Bright yellow 1932 ford 5 window coupe.

Blazing down the road at 110 mph ,rumble seat open,guns and bags of ammo flappin in the breeze.oldies blarin on the cd .arm out the window ha ha :D:D

Thats the way to travel!

Jim

The Honda Element Pickup is my new ride.

It has four doors, room for four and a crap load of gear. The water proof trunk in the bed of truck, with a drain plug for those times when you want to tailgate, is the sh!t.

It is also nearly 2.5 feet deep so there is more than enough room to carry gear.

Getcha un!

A1C2B9739.JPG

Navistar International CXT pickup. Ford Super Duty dually bed on an International semi-tractor crew chassis. You got a half-ton, want a three-quarter ton and get the drools over a one-ton? How about a SIX TON bed capacity.

I drive by the Navistar International factory in Garland Texas every week and there's usually one of these parked on a ramp out front.

Doesn't Barnyard have one?

Edited by MyBoyElroy

If in fact that Mercedes truck looking thingy and that Corn Binder-Ford meld actually exist, means I need some better best friends.

Trap, you need one on these; otherwise, I may wander.

Dotingly

Mell

i'm working on it mell, but the jump for the brown dog is pretty high in his old age. they tell me i can get it with a lift gate. :lol:

Trapr

they also tell me i can get it with GPS, i really don't know about that one!!!!!!

Edited by bigbrowndog

• 2 months later...

I have my great big suburban, and it rocks. With 4 guys there was plenty of room. besides listening to Mel bitch about my driving, my battery dieing and getting myself d/qed. All I had to do was save alittle money for my speeding ticket. At least you'll remember that trip. A big thanks to Traper for getting my truck running. <_<:)

And, Mell actually shows up for the ride at time he says he will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat that!!

although the conversation ALWAYS turns to deviant mode, no matter what, and I mean no matter how hard you try, no matter what the topic is it, ALWAYS turns to deviant mode. :lol:

Trapr

The last time We went to tiger valley Mel was like 2 hours late. Thanks Mel. :D

• 1 month later...
Heh, these lame euro-cars go 50MPG, diesel, and are quite comfortable too

Sure, but try fitting two people's worth of 3-gun gear, clothes for everything from snow to desert, 15-20k rounds of ammo, tools, cleaning stuff, a shooting partner *and* an entire mobile stat-shack into one of those euro-cars, and see how comfortable it is...

:P:P:P

post-177-1179178890.jpg

Edited by bgary

• 4 months later...

Not necessarily the ultimate in three gun gear, but it works for me.

Carry up to 2000 pounds of gear, 4 people.

Arrive the night before, sleep in, no mmorning travel. When done, clean up, cook a few steaks and head home.

Not a bad way to travel.

post-2726-1192211828.jpg

Jim (I Brive a Dus) Norman

(If you watched the Honeymooners, you may catch the reference)

Edited by Jim Norman