Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Moneypenny

Plate rack times

Wow all I can say is I need to speed up. Thanks for sharing

This is an absolutely horrible draw, but that's a fair representation of how I was shooting today and at least someone was there to film.  My last outing was SO much better, but the curse of the camera is strong with me.https://youtu.be/QRF5Ywk-DW0

Thanks!  I'm getting much better at my pick up shots too, which is great.  Seems like 2.5 seconds is a really good goal for me within 10 yards.

Now I want to figure out a good par time for a 1-6-2-5-3-4 order.  Any of you guys have any ideas on that?  I'm thinking sub 3 would be pretty good, but don't know yet.

1 hour ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Now I want to figure out a good par time for a 1-6-2-5-3-4 order.  Any of you guys have any ideas on that? 

I've barely touched a pistol in the past year since I picked up a PCC, but I'm happy when my 1-6-2-5-3-4 order is less than a second slower than just hosing the plate rack.  

GM standards are probably less than 2.5 consistently. I have seen people do it under 2 sec. It sounds crazy fast for less than 2 sec.

I did it earlier this year. Fastest run was a 2.27 I’m an M in limited. I think anything around 2.5 is a great run.

1.68 with Benelli M2 at 10yds from low ready. A friend with a faster trigger finger than mine ran a 1.57 from Port arms.

2.80 with my carry optics gun. I really need to work on my draw, I average about a 1.3-1.4, lots of room for improvement there.

Posted (edited)

Shot plate rack last match and I kept missing the 4th plate. Was shooting left to right. Tried it right to left and still would miss 4th plate. Have to remember to use my legs more as I was loosing the front sight just using my arms.

Lots of nuggets in this post. 

Edited by HoMiE

I've seen him do it in real life, at that 7y distance in 1.6something. It was mighty impressive.

At practice Wednesday afternoon, I was able to draw and clear the rack at 75feet (25 yards) at 4.96 and then 4.59 seconds back to back, 1 make up shot each. The second run the transitions felt worlds faster and it showed.

just a lowly B-class shooter with a dot.

My most recent was 2.67 with a 1.0-something draw. 8yds

Always shoot it right to left, Maybe If I did it left to right maybe itd be faster.