Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38supPat

One of the ideas that popped up when this 'Skills' forum opened was to do an online match. I'd like to get one started, but at the moment don't have a program for stage design. If anyone has one that they can send me I'll start work on it this winter, so that hopefully by summer we can begin shooting it.

Pat

Pat,

I really like this idea.  How about posting what will be the "stage of the month"?  Post it early enough so that we might get our local match directors to incorporate it into a match.

Then we can all get on here and give each other feedback as to how we shot it and what we experienced.

Judging from your past post...I would feel very comfortable if you took the reigns as our virtual match director.

Like SG said...Jeff Maass' resources are a great place to start:

http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/stage.htm

Kyle, "stage of the month" club!  I great idea!     Pat, SG and all, with a little forethought each stage could teach a specific lesson or test a certan set of skills.   In a years time,  one's knowledge base could be greatly increased.  We have access to some of the Great Masters here at be.com.    Maybe Brian, Travis, Jack, or others would consent to designing an occasional stage that would serve as a learning tool?  

One other thought,  many of us have probably shot the American Handgunner Postal Match at some time or another.   It's been a few years since I did, but I was thinking of doing it again this year, since I've gotton to know alot more "distant friends" here at the forum.  I'd be willing to delegate the tedious task of scoring and reporting a match to the staff at AH and just sit back and enjoy the fun of shooting and reviewing the results.

Alrighty then...... TO ALL WHO WILL ACCEPT - I DARE (double dog)  YOU TO SHOOT THE AMERICAN HANDGUNNER POSTAL MATCH!!!!!    

The stages are on the IPSC site for last years AH match.(and all the previous ones I think)

They are pretty simple to set up and usually only require one range.

I shoot it each year hoping to compare results with distant freinds but it gets smaller every year.

Count me in and good luck with the idea Pat.

Ron,  hehehe, I knew the 2 dog dare would get you.    I'll mention the AH postal match at our annual club meeting on the 13th.  I'm sure some of the Ghost Town boys will want to play too.   As far as my lunch is concerned, last time I took one, somebody ate it for me.  :(

Phil, looks like you did real well last year.  51st overall and 2nd in NZ!  Nice!

Hey guys, my butt has been kicked so much, I have permanent callouses.  It looks like Eric Grauffel totally smoked everybody last year!  Oh well, its cool to know there's a whole world of shooters out there.

Thanks Bonedaddy, but I'm sure you would have done much better, we shot it in terrible conditions and I recall spending at least half of the feild course sitting in a puddle, not by choice I might add!

I'd be keen to see how others shoot theat stage, it comprised 3 banks of targets with more or less lateral movement. The shots were longish and included USPs.

I decided to do a big step and draw from where I could see 2 of the target arrays, stand and shoot them then haul ass (hope thats correct) to the last bank. Thats when I met the puddle.

I'd like to try again shooting on the move and hear the experiences of others.

I think there's alot to be learned from these matches

P.D.

Kyle, the postal match was alot like the 4 stage super-classifier that some clubs shoot once a year.   Of course, some people undoubtedly practice it ad nausem before the actual match.  A guy could practice the heck out of it, or just go out and shoot it stone cold.  That is up to each persons descretion, but we here at be.com could have our own gentlemens agreement about that.   I would really like to hear everyone's stories about how they broke down the stages and engaged the targets.  We could learn alot.   Since we are are a world wide group, it seems fitting to participate in a world wide match.   Team Ancient takes on the WORLD!

I might be able to get a stage added at one of the local clubs every month...but not a whole, multi-stage, match.

Maybe we can do it both ways.  The AH postal match for those that can swing it and/or a stage a month that our local clubs can put on and we can all talk about here.

• 1 month later...

Sorry Pat i wasent tryin to be pushey,just wonderen.It sounds like a neat idea.If i can help let me know.

Steve

• 1 month later...