Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS STAR

Liota

Best i've done with an open blaster is 3.66. A class.

The best I've ever seen anyone shoot the Texas Star was Don Bednorz at area four around two years ago...It had to have been in the mid to low two's...Open blaster.

law dawg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how fast I was on the star, but at the Area 8 Championship they had a stage with a Texas Star at about 12 yards followed by two arrays of three Metric targets that you had to move to get to. My time for the stage was 16.32 with all A's and I cleaned the star (It took me a second to realize I was done with it). B Class Revolver.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I will never forget......... 2 years ago my very first ever USPSA match (local). So, the newbie lets everyone know this is my first and they send me to a kind gentleman to help me through it. He walks me over to the first stage and helps me with the walkthrough. Guess what? LAMR, beep, and from the first box what do I have..........a Texas Star. First match shooting G34 in Production and I have to deal with a TS from the first beep. Jeez!

Second TS story. Local match at S+W indoors this past Winter. One of the stages had 2 Texas Stars and they were back to back, literally lined up one directly behind the other. That was fun!

Second TS story. Local match at S+W indoors this past Winter. One of the stages had 2 Texas Stars and they were back to back, literally lined up one directly behind the other. That was fun!

Glyn,

Was that the match when they were at 25 yards or 30 yards? (the second match) The range those stages were in were a real b**ch to shoot iron sights on. Another range....tighter shots but better light, the rounds went where the sights said they should be.

That same stage was my wife's first match stage...ever. She's a good, safe shooter, although while it was a fun stage for some of us, she still hasn't shot another match- too hard. I'm still working with her to get her back to it. I thought she did all right- ran out of ammo though- SW 908 in production, still with the factory sights- only went through 40 rounds before saying "fraggit..."

She's content with blasting away with her little P-22 right now, but is getting receptive to trying again (she just got a new job which will allow her some extra time :D , so she will be back, I hope).

AND- I'm already gonna be at AWARE- Great match- with a full squad of guys from the metro-west Boston area. I can't WAIT to see what's in store this year- I just wish I could have gotten the whole week off so I could help you guys and gals...

My wife hated Texas Stars, so I bought one and let her shoot it with no one watching. Allowed her to work it out with "no one watching". She does fine with them now, though I doubt she would say she likes them...

Stage 7 at the Area 6 champ. Two stars with two poppers and one plate, all behind a baracade (13 steel total). All shot from one side, except one popper to be taken on other side. B class limited 19th out of 128 shooters 12.8 sec. I usually shoot stars fine, but had to visualize doing it well and did. I was one sec slower than Chris Tilley GM and watched my squad mate Shannon Smith GM cut'm down in 9.9 sec....WOW.

Stage 7 at the Area 6 champ. Two stars with two poppers and one plate, all behind a baracade (13 steel total). All shot from one side, except one popper to be taken on other side. B class limited 19th out of 128 shooters 12.8 sec. I usually shoot stars fine, but had to visualize doing it well and did. I was one sec slower than Chris Tilley GM and watched my squad mate Shannon Smith GM cut'm down in 9.9 sec....WOW.

We got one for our club at the last A-4.

Since I have not touched a revolver since last October, my best is a 3.29 with it at 12 yds from hands relaxed draw.......A- Revo.

I consistantly run ot around 4 seconds with the "Benny Blaster" and can get Low 3's also with it. A+ "Benny Blaster class"

FUN TOY !!!!!

HOP

Oh, and SmittyFl shoots pretty good too!!! ;) ..........Better person than shooter though! :)

Here's a video of the dual star stage (Starry Eyed) at Area 6. I shot the left popper from the left side of the barricade and the popper, plate, and two stars from the right side. I think the time was 8.60.

CPWSA Videos

Edited by cpty1

• 6 months later...
From the draw? How far?

We did it awhile back at 10 yards and the good times were in the low to mid 2's with a 4" 9mm XD.

Yeah, from the draw at about 10 yards. mid 2s from the draw!!! Thats freaking smoking.

Edited by steel1212

Back last summer when I was actually shooting and practicing (2005) I typically ran ours around 3.00 with a fast run breaking into the 2's but most were in the mid to low 3's.

revolver, 10-15 yds, from the draw.

HOPALONG

Ok, so I'm still slow. I was happy I cleaned them lol