Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Mailing List

Nebraskan

Since joining USPSA four months ago, I can't believe the inordinate amount of junk mail that I have been receiving. Every day it's a new catalog from a junk knife company or a company selling WWII videos. I mean, come on!

Although the three Samurai sword set with diamond and ruby inlays and wood display stand for $19.99 must be pretty good quality stuff, right? ;)

I get a lot of that crap but it was after ordering some 5.11 stuff direct from 5.11 that it all started flowing in a deluge. Boy was that a stupid move. I hate junk mail.

And why are you not a membger of NRA? I admit they step all over themselves from time to time, but they are the big name. (GOA, SAF and others are also good) Keep in mind, the ANti's don't check on who is a member of how many groups, just the toal membership. So you can get counted as a Pro multiple times.

Jim

Due to the risk of ticking off a lot of members here, I won't go into my reasons for not belonging to the NRA. Let's just go with the idea that some support them and the way they do things and some do not. End of that subject for me.

+1 to not being a member of the NRA. Was a member for 35 years before I gave it up.

I don't get mailings I would associate with USPSA.

If USPSA was responsible, I'd think my wife would be getting stuff as she's been a member for almost a year.

I do get tons of crap, but it was that way before USPSA. I never saw a difference after joining.

If I had to make a SWAG, I'd say Midway even though I have no proof.

USPSA does not sell its mailing list, period.

The only exception I know of was over a decade ago when the list was made available to a credit card company for a one-time mailing to offer an affiliated card of some sort - and I don't believe that would be repeated based on the current policies.

Rob

Nebraskan,

Check Midway. Logon to your account. There should be a box that is checked and next to the words Do Not Share My Information. If that is not checked, then you have found your answer. If it is checked, I have no idea :wacko::D