Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

_ Your favorite...

We will be doing our spring four classifier special pretty soon and I have an idea. We mostly shoot the easy to set up, speed shoots like Snooze you Lose, El, Pres., Clang and Bang, Mini-Mart, etc. during our monthly matches. I am thinking it might be fun to set up four of the more complex (as far as measuring and set up) classifiers for our event. Perhaps the classifiers would be more like 4 field courses. Is that a stupid idea from the get go?

Anyhow, I am wondering what classifier you think is the most fun. Which classifier would you like to shoot if you had the chance? I kind of like the looks of The Gauntlet II and Easy Street but I need 2 more. Any suggestions?

Ron,

I'll agree with Flexmoney.  Throw a little variation in.  A timed fire like Flex mentioned might be cool because we seldom see it.  For a short one that's a little different and fun, I like 99-29 Near to Far Standards.  It's pretty much a drawing contest with 3 strings.  The Hillbillton Drill that Erik mentioned is a good one, as are 99-38 The Gauntlet II and Easy Street that you mentioned.  99-13 Man Down might be one to look at too because it has a lot of movement, and 99-36 After Work Blues looks interesting if you have the props needed.

(Edited by DBChaffin at 9:31 am on Mar. 29, 2002)

Lefty's Revenge works a table draw in, and goes in the wrong direction (such is life).  The table draw works as a mag button test.  There are three shoting positions (table, barricade, wall).  Good movement.  I don't recall the targets as being very tough...might be a good gift if you put in a timed fire.  

Flex, with any luck at all, I may get to go over to Shoshoni and shoot the big spring classfier.  (You know how that "mag button-table draw" thing shakes me up. Did you say that just to mess with my head? :) LOL!

Ron,  I agree with Flex and DB.   A 4 stage super classifier has the opportunity to test nearly all skill sets if the stages are carefully selected.  I think of shooting prone, strong hand-weak hand, long range standards, timed fire, and shooting on the move, as well as all out hosing.   Mix 'em up.  Lemme know if you need any additional barricades or props.  Some of the boys from Ghost Town will probably want tp play too and we have amassed a small city of props.   It looks like I'm heading over there this morning.

I turned 43 years old today and the weather looks beautiful!  ('m not getting older, I'm getting more deliberate.)   What a great day to shoot my first match of the year!  

BD,

Heck, I was even going to add to my post that you'd likely get another 100% classifier...if your mag didn't fall out.  (tee-hee)

I even had that sentence typed in.  Then I erased it to see if you were paying attention.  As usual, you didn't miss a beat.

Happy b-day.  Sounds like you had a perfect one.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 2:18 am on Mar. 31, 2002)

• 17 years later...