Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Helmet Cams?

chunger

I remember seeing "hosercam" videos on the internet, and figured someone out there has gotta be making a compact, cheap, passable quality "helmet cam" that can be used to self-evaluate, or to ask for advise from other shooters. Anyone do this?

Best I found so far is this:

http://www.viosport.com/store/customer/our...e=hawk_overview

For an integrated unit with mic, recorder. . . small enough to just put on your head and roll :lol:

I grabed one on a super sale. Ive attached to a baseball cap and so far took it out only once. The camera seems to work fine during dryfire (if a bit low on framerate). During my only live fire trial the sound got WAY unsync'ed with the video. I want to try covering the mic and see if I can shock it less with gunfire.

I think it COULD work fine as a tool for personal improvment, but don't expect high quality anything. Also, you will need a bigger memory card, so count for about $30 more in your cost.

Yeah,

options really start to open up once you get into the $300+ range as extreme sports have picked up. . . but I was wondering if there was something cheap and convenient. . . not necessarily HD quality :blink:

Dosent get much cheaper than $85 plus shipping. :huh:

Chris,

Is the one you were referring to? I was thinking of grabbing this and along with the other video I could use first person view as well.

If someone knows how to understand the specs of:

Three resolutions at 15 fps: 640 x 480 (default), 320 x 240 or 160 x 120

Please explain.

The Memory is: SD card expansion – standard memory is 32MB Which doesn't seem like a lot.

Here's the site:

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/prod...scid=14&pid=560

Best Buy has these for about $80.

Edited by Cjblackmon

Chris,

Is the one you were referring to? I was thinking of grabbing this and along with the other video I could use first person view as well.

Here's the site:

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/prod...scid=14&pid=560

Best Buy has these for about $80.

Actually that looks pretty decent. For under $100 ...................

It has an SD memory expansion slot, of which I already have 2 x 512mb cards. They dont mention how large a card it will accomodate, however they seem to be trying to sell a 1GB card on the same site.

The whole camera looks to be self contained. No wireless transmitters to fool with (no offense Nolan), and no wires and pocket sized DVR recorders as in the link at the top of this thread. Only drawback, is without additional eqpt. you cant readily watch your video right away (no LCD screen). Other than that it seems to be just like any other digital camera nowdays. Even uses standard AAA batteries.

There is a link on that website to download the users manual. After reading that I think I might just get one.

I cant tell you how many times I asked someone else to video my stage runs, and all I got was 45 seconds of their feet. Or 5 seconds of a 30 second kick-a$$ stage. After that I stopped asking, and was still discouraged I didnt have a video of some really good runs.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Sorry guys but save your money for the HoserCam. I reviewed all the different systems out on the market about 6 months ago and Nolan the maker of the HoserCam wins hands down. The other cam systems can’t hold a candle to the HoserCam for quality, reliability, functionality and not least Nolan stands behind his products. A great man to do business with and trust. You won’t be sorry and you’ll know you’ve made the right decision once you have a HoserCam.

Thanks,

Kirk

I agree. I watched the video that Raz-O put up, and it seems a little jerky ..... and he wasnt even runing.

The only way I would buy one of those ATC-1000 cams is really really cheap. I found one on eBay (used/returned) for $9.99 with 2 das remaining, but it quickly went up to $50 and who knows what it's at now. For under $50 I might think about it for it's compact-ness, but thats were I draw the line on this little toy.