Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-19

ErikW

99-19.gif

4 Warren, Erik 13 M Limited 56 0 9.77 5.7318 57.3180 95.53%

4 Warren, Erik 17 A Open 57 0 10.22 5.5773 52.5863 87.64%

I shot the Limited one on 2-17-02 and the Open one was on 5-6-01. My Limited run didn't feel too good, kind of choppy and not smooth, but it's not going to be too bad considering my lower Open hit factor netted 76% nationally.

Not much to say about this one. Get your feet as far back as possible at the start to avoid the barricade when reloading and when shooting through the port. Line up your holster with your first target as best you can for the draw. Bend your outside knee when shooting each side to avoid getting off-balance and to give you a better angle around the barricade.

I prefer to engage inside out (L to R for right-handers) from the draw, then L to R through the port, then outside in around the other side. The order makes a big difference only on the final pass. Whatever you lose by drawing across the way to the far target you save by being in a better position for the reload, I feel.

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

We just shot this one 02/17/02, so I haven't any idea what the % will be until next month. Open gun, 55 points, 7.70 seconds, 7.1429 hit factor.

I shot Right, middle, left, engaged all targets L to R. Cost myself probably 2/10ths by slightly losing my balance on left side of barricade & falling out of box while shooting the last target.

Oops, I lied! I shot the targets from right side of barricade R to L! Sorry!

(Edited by titandriver at 5:41 pm on Feb. 19, 2002)

I shot this one a bit differently.  

1.  Engage right to left through the port.

2.  Reload and engage left to right around right side.

3.  Reload and engage left to right around left side.

This seemed efficient but my shooting stunk up the place:)  They'll be tossing this one out.

Our squad discussed this before shooting it.  It seems many times the description will state T1-T4 around rt side and then T5-T8 around the left but you can go either side first without penalty.

I will check with the NROI on this one.

I fear I'm becoming a range lawyer.

You're right Erik.  Here's the response from NROI:

> > Dear Sir:

> >

> > If a competitor shot CM99-19 the following way:

> >

> > 1.  Engage T1-T4 through the port manditory reload

> > 2.  Engage T1-T4 around left side  of barricade, maditory reload

> > 3.  Engage T1-T4 around right side of barricade

> >

> > how many procedurals and would the shooter receive and why?

> >

They could receive one procedural for not following the course procedure

as outlined in rule 10.1.1.

It's a good thing I self penalized through poor shooting to make up for my cheating

Guest TXAG93

I shoot with the man who drew up Payne's Pain.  He doesn't like that classifier.  I will be shooting it next month at my local match.  Hope I like it(or do well on it).

Rich:

If Eric's Open HF of 5.5773 came in at 76% nationally, then my handy calculator says that your Open HF of 7.1429 should come in around 97% (assuming the high hit-factor hasn't changed since May-01)

bruce

• 4 weeks later...

Shot this yesterday at our club match, damn near fell out of the box while making the last shot from the left side going left to right!  Ended up with a mike and three "D" hits.  Rushed it and was thinking too much.

After the match was over, just shot it without thinking only had one drop "C" on each of the four and made a up 3 seconds!  Then again, it was during the match I was over thinking the stage.

Now I can relate to just get to the shooting.

• 3 months later...

Shot it again today, the first stage of the morning, Limited 10.

Down 4 points for 56 in 9.05.

Called a "D hoper" from the left side which turned out to be a C.

This is a good classifier, though not exactly fun. They should make another one that's two shots per target from the sides (to be under the 18 round maximum). It would test your recoil control from awkward positions. Then again, maybe other courses do that.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We shot this one today. According to Flex's handy dandy calculator Lee had a National percentage of 100.64% and I had a 81.74%. Damn, Just shoot with a GM every match and you don't need a calculator! Started on right side, drew to the far right target and shot right to left. Thru the port and around the left side, shot left to right.

1 Dimaculangan, Lee 24 GM Open 54 0 7.35 7.3469 60.0000 100.00%

2 Moseley, Mark 17 A Open 58 0 9.72 5.9671 48.7316 81.22%