Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-40 Partial People Eaters

ErikW

What, nobody has shot this yet?

99-40.gif

Limited 10 (EAA Witness .45), 89 points

Dropped two in the black and missed at least one entirely. Didn't get all the shots off in one string, can't recall if it was strong or weak.

Definately have to back off on the last string and use up all that time to shoot As.

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• 11 months later...

We shot it yesterday at our monthly local match and afterward everyone agreed to mark in our classifier book "don't shoot again!"

I tanked it terribly with a 45 (C class card holder shooting like I just picked up a pistol!!!!)

Dennis

• 1 year later...

Wow,

Unpopular classifier.

I shot it Saturday (1/8/05)

83 points. Limited, B class.

On the weak hand string, my transfer was bad and slow, and I only got two shots off. Everywhere else, I got 5 shots, except the close string, where I shot 6 As.

This one will really hurt you if you try to cram 6 shots into every string, and especially if you shoot after the time expires.

DD

• 2 months later...

I shot a classifier match today and have spent some time in this section of the forums tonight.

I Love these classifiers. In a match? Tough. But in terms of exposing weakness? Great.

I've not shot this one - but I'll have it up in practice when the weather warms up. It looks to be a GREAT drill.

JB

Ok, someone with scoring software please do me a favor and score this stage for me.

T1 A/C/D

T2 2A/2C

T3 M

T4 A/D

T5 A/2C

From what I understand there is no penalties for missed targets and as long as all shots were under 4.30 there is no time penalties.

Ok, someone with scoring software please do me a favor and score this stage for me.

T1  A/C/D

T2 2A/2C

T3 M

T4 A/D

T5 A/2C

From what I understand there is no penalties for missed targets and as long as all shots were under 4.30 there is no time penalties.

You know what the point value for each is, right? Add 'em up (no penalties for misses, you just don't get any points), that's your HF for the stage. Divide by 120 (I assume that that's the HHF) and you have your national percentage.

• 8 months later...

Shot 91 points on this one Sunday (over my head!).

It's easy to run too fast on string 4. The par time on the first 3 strings gets everybody so jacked up, and string 4 is so close, those last 6 rounds tended to sound like a full-auto fest. The first 3 strings lure you into hoser-mode. I'd watch the clock for the last shot fired and many times it was in the 2.5-3 second range with some points dropped.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shot this one yesterday and absolutely tanked it. For some reason, I thought the spray and pray method would work better, but..... I've shot this two other times and one of them was my second best classifier I've ever shot. My best classifier was similar to this one with lots of hard cover, FS, SHO, and WHO strings.

Interesting twist as the club had this one set up on a turning target array. There was no stop or start signal, unless you could hear the air hiss as it started the target turners. Not sure whether that's legal since it there was no audible to indicate times up.

Jerry

• 1 year later...

I remember shooting this one about a year ago. Three of the four strings went really well and I shot some good points under the time limit. The weekhand string was the killer. I transfered the gun and dumped the mag before I got off the first shot. Giving up 25 point hurts when you dont even get to shoot!! Got rid of the mag button the next day and (knock on wood) haven't had that type of trouble since. I would like to have another shot at this one but haven't seen it at a match since. Clint

• 8 months later...

This one just isn't right!!! :blink:

It's plain :devil: "EVIL"

Strong hand string, pull my gun, as I fire one round mag falls out :angry: 2nd time in the match that happend.

Needles to say the oversized Mag release was removed upon returning home! :ph34r:

• 8 months later...

I removed a number of posts from this thread. If yours was one of them, that's where it went.

This forum is not the place to come and complain about a club or a section. If you feel someone has not administered a classifier stage or any other aspect of a USPSA match properly, please address that to your section coordinator or area director. Failing satisfaction from either of those resources, USPSA/NROI would be the logical next stop.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 years later...

I know that the HHF is set by the maximum number of points, but has anyone actually shot all the points? 

Should the HHF be lowered?

Right now Revolver, PCC, Single Stack, Open, Limited, Production, Carry Optics, and Limited 10 all have the same hit factors.

Doesn't see right?

I was going to use this for our match tomorrow but I pulled it and used a different one.