Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cm 06-04

rtr

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same match... Production

4.95, 36 points.... 7.27hf. Gotta be in the C class range. This is a fast classifier. Saw shoots in the low 3's today. This one will be a classifier where .2 will make the difference between classes.

Wish someone would have calibrated the poppers before I shot it. I shot it and one of the poppers didn't go down. calibration shot rocked it, but didn't make it fall, so I reshot it. The reshoot gods were unkind. My first shoot was 4.19, 40 points.... 9.546hf.

I absolutely HATE it when people DON'T calibrate the steel :angry: . This is the second classifier I've had this problem. I'm checking the steel from now on before I shoot it. (sorry, had to get that off my chest)

BTW, the 06 classifiers are not in the Ohio Site calculator :o . Does anyone have an idea where this hf stands?

I absolutely HATE it when people DON'T calibrate the steel . This is the second classifier I've had this problem. I'm checking the steel from now on before I shoot it. (sorry, had to get that off my chest)

Less of a problem if you shoot major:)

BTW, the 06 classifiers are not in the Ohio Site calculator . Does anyone have an idea where this hf stands?

It's a brand new classifier, so only USPSA has significant data on it. Perhaps folks who shot it before it was a classifier can share what they saw when it was shot.

Less of a problem if you shoot major:)

hmmm.... How to handle this......

I expected nothing less from an open gunner :P I will have "special Steel" for you at HPPS :D

or

I thought it was supposed to be fair even for the 9mm minor shooters :blink:

But you are right on it being new. As Chris suggested, is there anyone else who shot this and can gauge where the hf's on this one are at?

Does anyone have an idea where this hf stands?

For now, I'd say compare results to the 2005 Area 6 match results in the Major Match Results section of USPSA's site. That's where the Fluffy stages (and "Can You Count") came from, so maybe they used that data for the HHF's.

From 2005 USPSA Area 6 Match, top finishers in each division.

Travis Tomasie 38 GM Limited 40 0 2.99 13.3779

Daniel J. Horner 176 U Limited 10 40 0 3.43 11.6618

Max J. Michel Jr. 37 GM Open 39 0 2.63 14.8289

Dave Sevigny 354 GM Production 40 0 2.84 14.0845

Sam Keen 239 A Revolver 40 0 6.34 6.3091

Thanks for the tip on where the stage came from.

Just to clarify the hit factors I posted from Area 6 are not to be taken as OFFICIAL High Hit Factors. My understanding is that the HHF that is used to calculate national percentages is some sort of an average or other combination of actual HHFs shot, so they could be higher or lower than the numbers I posted.

Once USPSA posts our percentages from this weekends match we can figure out what the actual HHF is.

Noticed that the match results for this stage changed slightly, at least in production and limited. Chris - your run was smokin. Sevigny shot it clean in 2.84 - that man is a monster.

-br

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
From 2005 USPSA Area 6 Match, top finisher in revolver.

I certainly hope this doesn't end up as HHF because I just shot it in revolver today.

40pts 0 6.55 sec 6.1068 HF

96.79% of Mr. Clean - who needs that! :o

Edited by redmist10

From the classifier calculator...

Shaun - 96.2702%, Derrick - 91.3892%

Nice shooting fellas! :)

How cool is that!? Great job Shaun, maybe you should keep shooting minor!! :D

Well, like I said it was a stage win.... but the overall results were somewhat different, those Cs and Ds really hurt with the foo foo gun <_< Now, if I can just take that "all A's" thing and apply it to the rest of the match..... :P

Nice job also Derek!

And Robert, thats smokin' with the single stack (hmmm guess there wasn't a reload on that stage, haha)

I certainly hope this doesn't end up as HHF because I just shot it in revolver today.

Well he is sort of a legend now that he's gone and all .................... :D

I shot it today in 3.61 with 36 pts. (Production) I missed the stupid popper on the right on the first pass, and went back to get it. I checked the timer afterwards, and saw that it took me .40 to go back and get that miss. Could have had a 3.21 run.

So at this time it appears that it might have been a 70% If they base the HHF on DS. That make-up shot cost me approx. ~ 10% nationally. Would have been almost an 80%

Interesting that I say that alot. I could-a, should-a won that stage if it wasn't for those 7 mikes! :ph34r:;);)

OK, back to Forum surfing instead of dry-firing ! :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

From 2005 USPSA Area 6 Match, top finisher in revolver.

It would appear that there has been no adjustment in the % (based on Limited or Production scores) and that the Area Match scores in revolver were used as the top numbers....does this mean my score will really be a 96% on a classifier for revolver? Or - will they throw it out since I am only rated in B Class? :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...