DJPoLo

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shot this one on the 19th as well in AZ. L-10 Glock 37 major. 11.71 total time 100pts for a hit factor of 8.5397. (looks like a C from the caculators on the web)

I focused on getting all of my A hits, but in retrospect (after talking with a GM), I think my focus should have been a little more geared toward time. Oh well, 2 down 2 more to go to get my L-10 classification.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Shot this a couple weeks ago (limited division). Fun classifier.

I fumbled my first draw a bit at 1.22. Second one was better at .88, but still feel like it could have been faster. Splits averaged around .18. 3 points down, 7.44 seconds total. 78% or so.

Need to practice my reloads. I think next time I can get it done in under 7.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Shot this the other day. I went into it hating it for the ridiculously close distance and the ridiculously high standards (HHF for all divisions is still the same according to the calculators <_< ), so much so that I elected to go first just to get the damn thing over with. But, I came out of it actually having learned something about being relaxed.

Shot the first string in 3.5 something. Couldn't have done it any faster at my present skill level. Sick reload but my splits were slow comparatively. My mind started running in overdrive in the 5 seconds between strings saying if I do that again I might get another M score... Lo and behold I trigger freeze bad on the next string. Cost me .4 over my first string, and probably 10%. Ended up with a HF of 12.5 which is right around 75%. At least I shot to my class level... barely.

Run starts at around 1:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXg23UZvHSw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot her last week in 7.69 with a HF of 12.4837. According to the Classifier Calculator that puts me at 75% for this particular one... Not bad for a bottom of the B class shooter. Must have been that shiney new gun :)

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd shot this before, but I guess I'm the only one who hadn't.

Shot it today with Lea County Action Shooters in Hobbs, NM.

Singlestack minor

On both strings, I transitioned to the second target, and then remembered I had to reload. That cost me some time.

5.48 seconds + 5.95 seconds = 11.43 seconds.

All Alphas.

100 points divided by 11.43 seconds = 8.7489 Hit Factor

classifiercalc.com says 52.5810%

cmcalc.com says 52.58%

That will move me up to C Class in Singlestack (finally).

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Draw/reload speed and splits on close targets generally don't mean much in field courses, but they're the only things that matter here. Shot it in 7.95s (Production) with full points for a hit factor of 12.5786 (84.3212%). My draw was right at one second, reloads were about 1.3 s, and splits in the high teens. I felt very relaxed despite having a death grip on my pistol and recall clearly seeing the front fiber move back and forth as the slide cycled. Seems like I should be able to shave perhaps two tenths off both the draw and reload.

Getting the Production stage win and beating some M Open shooters make this a candidate cross post to "Things I Like" :)

Shot this classifier this past Saturday. I thought I had a decent run but it only came out to about 76%. I slightly fumbled the reload on the second string which caused to me rush and I pulled a C. Tough one...

Points Penalty Time Hit Factor Stg Pts Stage Percent

98 0 7.71 12.7108 96.9831 96.98%

Edited by blueorb

• 7 months later...

My club ran the classifier "Can You Count" this weekend. I ran a couple of 4.69 average times and dropped 1 point. Factor 10.54. Looks like that is 63 percent. 63 percent!!!!! That is scary.

Most folks would not believe that what old slow me did was even possible, but when I tell them it was only 63 percent they will haul me off to the funny farm.

We sure have some awesome shooters in this sport.

Edited by Gary Stevens

Last time I shot that one, I had 96/100 points in a total of 9.60 seconds for a HF of 10, which was only 67% in Production. The high Production score at that match was an M class who got all 100 points in 7.63 seconds for a HF of 13.1062, which was still only 87.858%. That would put the HHF at 14.917, which would (assuming they got 100 points) mean a total time of 6.7 seconds, or roughly 3.35 seconds/string. Yikes!

Edited by JAFO