Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cm 06-03 Can You Count?

DJPoLo

Simply put, HQ didn't do their homework when establishing the HHF for this classifier for any division but Open. It's just pure laziness that they don't revisit the HHF for the other divisions. And yet they keep accepting fees for shooters who attempt this classifier at club matches.

Should we blame HQ, or the clubs who keep using this classifier? Hmmm.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just shot it again this last weekend.

100 pts. @ 8.51 in Open gives me a hit factor of 11.7509, and a percentage of 70.6230%.

Personally, I blame the RO, who barely gave me 1/2 second between "stand by" and the beep, and the fact that my fake nails were getting long and needed to be trimmed back, (interferes with my grip.)

Look at it this way though. I'm a girl who shot 70.6230% with long fake nails!

Ok so the last time I shot this in single stack I had 98 pts in 7.65 for 12.8105hf. Classifier calc shows that as a 76.99. If I reverse the math i'd need same points in 5.89 to get 100. I had a slow reaction to the beep on one string and a slow reload on the other. That's maybe .6/.7 I could get back, but not 1.7 but then I am not a GM (A in Lim A in Single Stack M in Open). That score is pretty close to my limited average so at least for single stack that seems reasonable?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
My club ran the classifier "Can You Count" this weekend. I ran a couple of 4.69 average times and dropped 1 point. Factor 10.54. Looks like that is 63 percent. 63 percent!!!!! That is scary.

Most folks would not believe that what old slow me did was even possible, but when I tell them it was only 63 percent they will haul me off to the funny farm.

We sure have some awesome shooters in this sport.

Gary, I shot it (again!) on 6/2...and it just so happens it's the best classifier I've ever shot...close to your score...63.7192%...I'm not gonna tell you what I got on it the previous 2 times I shot it, just suffice it to say one time a I had death jam, the other a brain fart...I'm a middle of the pack C shooter in Production...

• 2 months later...

Shot "Can you count" in March (6 months ago) in Production with 100 points at 10.70 seconds for a HF of 9.3458 and 62.6500% nationally.

Shot it again yesterday, again in Production, with 100 points at 10.21 seconds for a hit factor of 9.7943. Classifier Calc shows my national percentage as only 58.8638%.

Surprised that my national percentage would go down when I shoot the same score a half a second faster. Do things really change that quickly?

• 1 month later...

I think something got adjusted on this one.

My run was 12.8686 HF, which classifiercalc gave a 77% for Production (though playing with the calculator it didn't look like there was a difference)

USPSA updated today and gave me an 86.2652%.

Edited by AJE

• 1 year later...

Shot this at an indoor match last week and a different club is shooting it at our outdoor match this weekend. I just don't see how anyone could shoot this at 100 in Prod... Which sucks 'cause you look at it and think, "oh easy. things are close, no movement. simple." but then you run the numbers and just go "huh?" (I shot it at 67% btw indoors, will see how I do outdoors)

A 1.0 draw with four 0.18 splits and a 1.20 reload with 4 0.18 splits. Total of 3.64 per string. Do it twice in a row for 7.28 total. Getting all A's that is a 13.73HF which is a high M score at 92% for Production.

Take it down to a 0.80 draw, 0.18 splits and a 1.0 reload with all A hits and you get a 99% level classifier knocking that third of a second off each string and going 6.68 total time.

Captain Obvious I know, but that's tough! This doesn't seem like the one to pin your hopes on of bumping up a classification or getting your first 100 in the books.

Edited by rowdyb

Shot this today. 3.35 and 3.52 strings. 97% in Production. I don't know how I'd go that much faster to make a good score in Limited.If anything I'd be slower because I'm drawing a 6" gun from kydex.

Edited by waktasz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot on 12/06/15

Prod Div

100 pts

10.38 sec

9.33 HF

64.58%

First classifier I'd ever shot. Felt pretty good about it. Barely got beat by our local M class shooter, who claims he did really crappy. Still felt good about it :)

Good job for your first time out!

Shot on 12/06/15

Prod Div

100 pts

10.38 sec

9.33 HF

64.58%

First classifier I'd ever shot. Felt pretty good about it. Barely got beat by our local M class shooter, who claims he did really crappy. Still felt good about it :)

Good job for your first time out!

Thank ya sir! Needless to say, it was hook, line, sinker at that point.

Just shot this one last week. I am happy with the result.. felt quick on the draw and no bobbles on the reloads. 3.59 and 3.62 strings w/ 100pts ended up 13.8696 HF and according to AZ Shooters that should be good for 92.9% in production. Guess to be able to ace it I would have to have a quicker reaction time and faster reloads.. whew, that would not be easy, for me anyway.

Edited by shooterDrew

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

gooldy, that is clearly impossible, didn't you read the rest of the thread?

I only shot an 89% in SS at the same match as you, but I shot it in fairly deliberate match mode, not wanting to take any chance on hurrying and fumbling the reload. With 100 match pts available, a fumbled 2 second reload would hurt alot.

I only shot an 89% in SS at the same match as you, but I shot it in fairly deliberate match mode, not wanting to take any chance on hurrying and fumbling the reload. With 100 match pts available, a fumbled 2 second reload would hurt alot.

Yea we shot it as our last stage and I was prerty much over it at that point, I was pretty sure my match had been totally trashed from how many malfunctions I had. So I just went for it, and it panned out.

Oh, and congrats on your solid match finish!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

oh, and congrats on your solid match finish!

meh. I shot some good stages, but way too conservative. I have a whole list of things to work on. I really got caught up in worrying about my squadmate and longtime friendly rival (who beat me at ss nats last year, and at the last major we shot together), and was trying to not lose to him instead of trying to just do my best. But thank you anyway. I did shoot a very clean almost mistake-free match.... just about 2 seconds slow on every stage. I need to watch the open guys, not the other SS guys.

btw, major compliments to you and the rest of the RO's. Everyone was professional, competent, organized and courteous. Really enjoyed all the oregon peeps.

I am pretty interested in the specifics of your run. That is crazy fast, but does definitely seem plausible if an old SS dude like me can run 3.8 second strings in safe mode. i've gotten down to 3.3 or so in dryfire, but I have a slow draw and a slower reload.

Edited by motosapiens