Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cm 06-03 Can You Count?

DJPoLo

I appreciate your confidence Leo but the second load was the .99 I'll take that any day. The first one was the bad one.....don't know what it was but the mag hung up a little on the way out.

The HF on this one is ridiculous for sure, and I guess it tests some useful skills, but it's a fun one to shoot.

Pretty good match Paul considering your scope fell off before the match started. :lol:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea it did not feel bad until I saw what you shot, holy crap dude, whatca eating (or I should say drinking) these days. I think I was 82% of you. I do have lots of room to improve with the ole Iron sights, but I had a blast. I HAVE to get one of these soon.

whatca eating (or I should say drinking) these days.

I'm not sure what it is, but I know he drank them dry in Tulsa!!! After he left that place (match hotel bar) and showed up at the "bar of a zillion beers". I was already floating, and I hadn't even finished off the keg I was working on. B):D

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to the consistency idea, this is the third classifier I've shot, the first 06 one, and the first revolver one - the other two were in the 99 series in L10. The two L10 classifiers were 49.something%; this one was 50.1, proving that while I may suck, I suck consistently. :) In mitigation, I was using a single stack for the L10s and a speedloader gun for the revolver. And yes, I'd love some cheese with that whine...

I shot it at the Gator Classic match, where I was 52% of JM, so it may even be a good indicator.

• 5 weeks later...

Gracias Marko! 76.5498% to be exact. The calculator's up again, it wasn't when I checked Sunday.

This one should get me in the high B-class. If I make A-class with a classifier shot this year, I would've gone from U to A in Revo Div in one calendar year.

Pretty cool!

B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a little behind the curve apparently, I finally got to shoot this little gem-of-a-classifier yesterday. On the cover, it looks fun. Who doesn't like a little full-blown hose'n every now and then. But really it's just a circus trick stage that would be better of serving as a training device for your DRAW, your NPA and your Reload.

If you have a .25 second bobble anywhere, you suck. :blink:

Anyone shooting over 85% on this has got their shiet together. Well done.

Now can we shoot something that will actually improve our shooting skills! ;)

But really it's just a circus trick stage that would be better of serving as a training device for your DRAW, your NPA and your Reload.

Mind explaining your contradiction, here?? If its a good training device for those things, how does it not "actually" improve your shooting skills???? ;) You mean as opposed to shooting wide the open hose-and-go stages that seem to have become the norm in many areas??? :lol:

You're right that the stage is absolutely intolerant of any mistake - but if you shoot the other classifiers long enough, you find that there aren't many of them that are tolerant of mistakes, in the end, and there are plenty that are extremely taxing in completely different ways than this one (like, fixed time standards at 50 yards, for instance...). I feel its a fair test - and obviously one with the 100% mark set fairly (at least for the more common divisions). Its also a test that many of us are going to fall short of the mark we think we need to, because instead of stressing absolute accuracy, this one stresses speed, and you have to be relaxed to get the speed w/o the bobbles... and most of us aren't all that relaxed about our shooting.... especially when we're "trying" to shoot fast... ;)

My post does seem little contradictory, I'll try to explain.

I think it's a great skills test, but the skills that it tests don't account for 10% of the skills needed to do well under normal match conditions.

I suppose I'm looking for more well-rounded tests of a shooters ability. Somewhere in-between 50yd-weak-hand-head-shots, and 2 yard hose-fests.

If anyone should like this classifier, it would be me. I'll put my hose-fest skills up against anyone in the country. I have no problem with speed, it was my downfall for a while. Even though I can rip-out 1.50 billdrills, why is it though I only shoot mid to high 80% at major matches?

We need tougher, more accuracy intensive matches in the US.

• 1 month later...

First time shooting at all since Oct '06, not blazing by any means but it's my first B classifier in any division (this one is in L10).

9.52 sec 100pt 10.5042 hf 63.1303% nat percent

Now if I could just improve on the 1.50+ draw and the two 1.50+ reloads maybe I could do a little better

Ditto your remarks D. This classifier tests our basic skills, draw, reload, and trigger speed.

It's easy for me to say...I shot it well (for a B-class guy) 7.41s w/ 98 points. I had been dry firing consistently for a few weeks before shooting it. I really didn't try real hard, just smooth. Afterwards a masters level friend said that I had sure shot it well. Practice had paid off.

Everyone has different skills to bring to a match. I move slow and have slow eyes, but have a good draw and reloads. I'm glad there's classifiers like this that practice basic skills other than sniper shooting at danger targets!.

Landis

But really it's just a circus trick stage that would be better of serving as a training device for your DRAW, your NPA and your Reload.

Mind explaining your contradiction, here?? If its a good training device for those things, how does it not "actually" improve your shooting skills???? ;) You mean as opposed to shooting wide the open hose-and-go stages that seem to have become the norm in many areas??? :lol:

You're right that the stage is absolutely intolerant of any mistake - but if you shoot the other classifiers long enough, you find that there aren't many of them that are tolerant of mistakes, in the end, and there are plenty that are extremely taxing in completely different ways than this one (like, fixed time standards at 50 yards, for instance...). I feel its a fair test - and obviously one with the 100% mark set fairly (at least for the more common divisions). Its also a test that many of us are going to fall short of the mark we think we need to, because instead of stressing absolute accuracy, this one stresses speed, and you have to be relaxed to get the speed w/o the bobbles... and most of us aren't all that relaxed about our shooting.... especially when we're "trying" to shoot fast... ;)

Jim,

Why don't you tell us how you shot this in the Limited Division? You were blazing.

Alright, I've been outed.... :ph34r: I also shoot this in Limited on Sunday and ran the first string in a blazing 2.97 sec; of course I missed one crucial step. I blew right past the reload and rung up 5 procedurals on the second target. :wacko::wacko: Nothing like throwing down a big fat zero on my first Limited classifier of the year. :blink::ph34r::rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

CFR&PC August IPSC Match

Match Date: 8/25/2007

Combined divisions - These are NOT official results.

Stage: 2 Can You Count

Place Name No. Class Division Pts Pen Time Hit Fact Stg Pts Stg %

1 Whitacre, Paul 54 GM Open 100 0 6.71 14.9031 100.0000 100.00%

2 Stanley, Eric 50 GM Limited 99 0 6.68 14.8204 99.4451 99.45%

Ohio says 89%, I normally come in around 85-90 on this, just can't get the trigger finger cranking fast enough. PaulW missed his draw one string and load the next or he could "hun" this thing. About half our squad point shot it, one guy from a ver tacti-kewl retention position. :rolleyes:

Also, this was my first two sub 1.0 loads in a match. Both draws were high .80's and loads were both .97 I think. Splits sounded like I was shooting 20y partials. :rolleyes: Yeah, I know it's a 2' point shot, but I've never seen sub 1.0 for a load in a match. I've blazed a load only to have to freeze on a long plate or partial.

OK, back to dry fire....

Edited by dirtypool40

• 1 month later...

Perhaps this should be under "things I like" but any way shot this classifier yesterday.

7.60 seconds 95 points.

Not outstanding you say? Agreed, but it's my first ever A class score.

Ah, things I like!!

Course it didn't hurt this is the 3rd month in a row I've shot this classifier. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Shot this one yesterday for the first time. I knew just by looking at it that the HHF would be insane. I ran it in 8.99 with a bunch of points down (10) due to my NPA being a bit high. I had 4 C's on the first target but there were all touching each other just above the top of the A zone, which is really frustrating. I also had a trigger freeze during the second string. I ended up with a 10.0111 HF which puts me right at the bottom of B. Must keep working on the draw, reload and NPA.