Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-46 Close Quarter Standards

Nik Habicht

Shot this one last night during a four classifier match. Production, Glock 34, Blade-Tech, unclassified, in Limited I'm (barely) a C shooter. First Run is from 10 yards, engage three targets with two rounds each, reload, engage T1-T3 with two rounds each again. Time was 11.64. String two is from seven yards, engage T1-T3 with two rounds each strong hand only. Time was 5.98, I had trouble finding the front sight for the first shot. Final string is from five yards, weak hand, two rounds each. Time was 5.51; total time was 23.13 seconds. I shot 15 As, 6 Cs, and 3 Ds (all on the left target) for a total of 96 points. I actually found the weakhand string the easiest to acquire the sights for, I seem to have more trouble with that on the indoor range. I fumbled the reload on the first string.

99-46.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• 4 months later...

Shot this one Sunday.

String 1, I actually statred at my hits before I remembered I had to reload!!  

Got the whole thing done in 11.66sec with a dismal 103pts.  It works to a 88% though......

• 3 months later...

Shot it Limited yesterday...

Freestyle, 6-something, with a teen-split makeup shot on the second target and a magazine that wouldn't come out of the gun until it was persuaded.

Strong hand, 3.21.

Weak hand, 3.7-something?

Three misses, one extra shot penalty.

The only good thing I can say about this run is I instinctively called and made up that one shot.

• 1 month later...

Shot it in Open, with a foo-foo gun...

8 points down in 14-something seconds. Nice freestyle run (in the threes?) but not so great one-handed. Only saw the dot on two of the weak  hand shots, still kept them in the C zones though.

Got all As on the left target, which I drew and reloaded to (except weak hand, where I drew to the right). Usually my draw/reload targets suffer more points down.

• 3 weeks later...

Limited, 11.28 seconds, one miss on the left target, four misses on the center target with a nice tight group of four Cs in the upper right, one miss on the right target.

My all-time worst classifier, or course of any kind, ever.

• 11 months later...

Shot this for my first classifier in Production at the Ga State match.

total time - 13.20

110 pts

one procedural (creeeping the beep on the strong hand only string)

HF = 7.5758

Any ideas on the percentage?

Thanks.

UPDATE: USPSA scored this run at 79.533%

Shot this for my first classifier in Production at the Ga State match.

total time - 13.20

110 pts

one procedural (creeeping the beep on the strong hand only string)

HF = 7.5758

Any ideas on the percentage?

Thanks.

Looks like about 81%, way to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Open, 5.11 for the first string with the reload, can't remember the second string time, then 4.49 for the weak-hand string. I can't believe that I can manage twice as many shots, with a reload, in about the same time as the 6-shot weak hand string.

Eight sweet Alphas on T1, but I dropped Cs and D on the others. About an 8.46 HF.

• 4 months later...

Open, runs of 5.17, 3.37, and 4.0-something. Didn't have a dot weak hand so I decided to start pulling the trigger. Shot a few Deltas. 8.57 hit factor. Methinks I've got the A card for at least another month. :(

A while back I also shot string 3 with the dot out of the scope. I remember thinking to myself "They're so close, it won't matter" and started shooting.

On later review, not seeing the dot means the pointy-end isn't pointed where you think it is..

• 2 weeks later...

Limited, 12.61 (mid-5 freestyle, low-3 strong hand, mid/high-3 weak hand), 106 points, 8.4 hit factor. Forum member ong45 won the stage with 8.6.

Man, I saw some great front sight in the freestyle string! Shot a Doggie weak-hand. The right target had a sweet group of 6 in the A zone... hmm.... (I shot L-R on everything but weak-hand.)

• 3 months later...

Limited 10

points 109

pen 0

time = 21.83

HIT FACTOR = 4.9931

I don't know what was wrong with me (time-wise). For some reason, I just dogged it during the freestyle part. I had a decent draw and reload, but for some reason I was going much slower than I need to go to see the front sight and to make my transitions. It took me almost ten seconds to do it, and I can shoot an El Pres faster than that!

Oh, well ... C-Class 4 Ever! :lol: