Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-28

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just managed to squeak out a 7.03% on this one. Open, B, 8.24 seconds, 58 points, cold day, crappy grip on the draw, so-so re-load, I said OK let's print it because it didn't totally suck. Shot a nice cadence l-r across the paper trying to ignore the lousy grip from the draw, got the grip cleaned up on the re-load and ran the steel l-r but had to go back for the far left and one in the middle. Was getting low 7 par times dry-firing it at home. Oh well, need to hit all the steel first time, next time!

I'm guessing somewhere around 70% is what it will come in at.

--

Regards,

Production: 8.92, down 2 Charlies. 6.278 HF.

Limited 10: 7.03, down 1 Charlie. 8.3926 HF.

One of my favorite classifiers! Those darned poppers behind poppers really throw a wrench into this one, particularly with iron sights. After shooting 4 classifiers with my G17 Production rig, I strapped on the Ghost rig and The Gun That Beat TGO and it was, as uscbigdawg would say, Game On!

• 1 month later...

First few shots shaky, trying to push to hard, but then I just NAILED the steel L-R, one of those "the first popper is just hitting the ground, you've called your shots on all the rest of the poppers, while you're holding your breath waiting for them to fall one by one - and then they do" kinda deals.

Open 6.49 , 55 pts (ouch), 8.47 HF

Low A?

• 3 months later...

Shot this one yesterday. Shot the front 4 popoers left to right then the back right popper the left back popper almost forgot the reload then shot the paper right to left. The hesatation on the reload cost me alot.

Steve B. Open,A, 57, 0, 6.84, 8.3333,

Im thinkin high 70s or low 80s

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Limited, 58 points in 6.24 seconds for 9.295 HF. 1.28 draw with a 1.75 reload.

I think the slow reload was caused by being very deliberate with the sight picture on the first (back left) steel. I was deliberate for the rest of the steel, but it was still fast. And this was with IPSC Standard holster and magazine positioning.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Shot this one today.

57 points, 6.75 in Single Stack. HF of 8.4444

This shows a 86.4815% on the Ohio Classifier for Limited, no telling yet what the percentage will be for Single Stack.

Either way, it is my FIRST ever "M" Class Classifier!!!!

Not bad for a "B" shooter who wants to get to "A" Class

I need to practice more and get my accuracy where it needs to be!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot this one on Saturday at Boulder's special Halloween match.

58pts, 7.23s, 8.0221 HF, 73.9% according to the calculator (Open div.)

Not bad for my second match shooting Open.

Seeing it set up reminded me that it was the first classifier stage I ever shot, at my first USPSA match back in September 2003...

56pts, 9.51s, 5.8885 HF, 63.5% (Production, stock G19)

Good times. One of my favorite classifiers, very satisfying to shoot.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Help! We have set this up for our match this a.m. The setup notes indicate the no-shoots are 5 ft at shoulders. Everytime I have shot this, the noshoots have been on the ground behind poppers. Are the current setup notes (USPSA's) website correct? Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Just shot this at a Match my first time shooting Limited Minor. 6.04 seconds, 2 Charlies for 56 points. HF 9.2715....should be a 94.95%. Shot the steel right to left since from one spot in box A you could see the rear far left steel partially exposed but not the rear far right. This way I could hit the rear left steel with almost zero transition and by the time I transitioned back the rear right steel just became available.

Glad I watched a friend shoot this ahead of me with that game plan. Originally I was going to shoot the steel left to right and when I saw him do it I took a second look and realized the left rear steel was available. Worked out good.

• 11 months later...

Tomorrow 5/25 I have to shoot this drill first in my squad... ( got to change my last name to XMan or something lol )

Which order should I shoot the POPPERS ????

This drill is at around how many seconds ?? 6 ??

eda7y9y4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Edited by emjei