Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-28

I think is damn near a 100%. Shot the stage in 5.55 seconds, 0 points down. Key was getting a good sight picture for that first shot, burning the 6 shots on paper, slam a fast reload, and hitting the left back steel first and working across the front L to R.

99-28.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we are ALL in various stages of working on GM !!  I may actually get there one day, too.  But I haven't been shooting regularly enough to get my consistency up.  That 6 average is a killer!  But at least I know now it can be done.

If you shoot a good classifier above your normal percentage and they flag it instead of using it, you can call Sedro Wooley and explain the facts,  If its you shooting and you are THAT good at a given moment in time, there is no reason they should not accept your score.  Besides... if they accept the score and you can go up a class, then maybe the high classifier in question might seem far more appropriate!!  I had to do that once.

BamBam:

I had a score flagged a few months back and I called Val at USPSA. She told me they would take the flag off and use it. After a little more conversation I decided that if I couldn't replicate the score on demand, then flagging it is probably the best thing to do. It's still a bummer though. Not being able to reproduce the score that is.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just shot 99-28 this weekend. And it should give me my M card in Limited this coming month. I just shot a great match and this was the last stage that topped it off. Should be 100%. 5.74 down 3 points. Match win and 100% what more can a guy ask for, other than to duplicate that every weekend.

JLJ

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stage 5 Hillbillton Drill

Place Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 ....T.Dean..17...M......Limited......59.......0 .......5.53....10.6691 60.0000 100.00%

I think this one just bumped me to GM :blink:

Sorry,

I aligned my torso up with the paper array at the start to get my NPA working for me (quicker first shot and more natural transitions for those 3). Shot the paper R-L 'cause I just shoot better that direction.

Reloaded while at the same time turning slightly toward the popper array (stepped foward 8" with left foot, pivot on right foot). Shot these R-L also.

Fired 6 shots at steel, noticed that one was still standing, had to shoot it again.

T1 (2A's), T2 (2 A's), T3 (A-C), 6 steel.

Very nice...you smoked it with a make-up shot, even. B)

I was wondering (having never shot this one) if it would work to line up on the paper, then do the shuffle during the reload.

Thanks for the confirmation.

And..congrats on the G !!! B) B) B)

I Appreciate that Flex :)

Make up shot, ya.....

The timer read 4.94 before that 7th shot. I guess I didn't need it though. :huh:

My calcs after this one put me at 97.xx% Limited.

I don't think it'll make me GM at Area 2 since this classifier probably won't be official 'till Nov15th ?

I remember not doing too well for a couple matches after getting my M-card. I'd rather not shoot the Desert Classic with a still-drying GM card.

There's just something "mental" about that. It throws your game off a little.

• 1 month later...

I always knew open was faster

6 Merricks, Jon 21 B Limited 59 0 8.34 7.0743 42.2300 70.38%

then I shot it later the same day for an open classifier but used the same limited gun. Same points but time was around 6.5. I think that may be around an 80% for open.

• 1 month later...

My best Production classifier to-date. This was kinda cool, I had been re-reading parts of 'The Book' during the holidays, some of it stuck with me. On this run, I wasn't worring about results, about getting a fast reload, about my grip or draw, or anything else...the last thing I remember before the beep was "there's only the shooting."

Now, if I could have only applied that to the next several stages. Alas, the journey continues...

99-28 B Production 58 0 6.41 9.0484 ---- s/b ~ 97%

• 2 weeks later...