Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-47

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shot this tonight at Phil's match at Shooters. I Did not feel that I pushed very hard. But I think it came out better than I thought and should give me my M card in production. I don't have the string times but total time was 12.13 with 75 points hit factor of 6.1830. What do you all have this at?

JLJ

Results for Phil's match are up: www.shootersparadise.com EXCUSE TIME: Phil's sear gave it up during the match & me? I will not even tell you my USPSA # or real name I am so embarrased (sheesh, 3 divisions & I still can't figure it out!! I'm taking up golf!).

My lowest classification score to date:

Jones, Kevin C Open 55 30 48.22 0.5185

First string was OK. Around 5 seconds. Hits looked OK

Strong hand string: Bad. Mag decided to only feed the top round and then just sit there with the remaining rounds well below the feed lips. A couple of slide rack and a mag change later, I finished that string. About 15 seconds on that one! Probably one miss.

Weak hand string: Total disaster. Mag didn't feed. Mag dropped out of gun. Once per shot. I only had 2 mags on my belt. Lots of scrambling in the dirt. Clearly a mag problem plus probably hitting the new extended release with my weak hand. Oh, and I put the safety on after some clearing attempt and forgot to take it off again. 28 seconds for 5 shots ... and 2 of them were in the hard cover.

I'm guessing this is not going to count towards my attempt to move up a class next month ... and I thought I'd worked out the optimum transition pattern too :wacko:

I didn't enjoy this one.

Kevin

Benzick, David 4 M Limited 72 0 14.11 5.1028

I shot this one by engaging the lower targets first then the upper targets. My index on the strong hand and weak hand strings was a bit off on the draw shot, so I had to spend some time straightening things out. I'm just pleased I had the patience to hold the shot until the sight were aligned. It won't be a great classifier for me, but right now visual patience is more rewarding than a hight classifier score.

This is the first classifier that I shot and I did it both for Limited and Limited 10. Needless to say neither was pretty.

Franklin, Paul 63 U Limited 10 50 40 39.07 0.2560 3.1904 4.25%

Franklin, Paul 60 U Limited 52 30 33.85 0.6499 8.0993 10.80%

Limited 10 was the first and really messed that up by shooting 2 rounds at each of the first 3 targets until the RO kindly reminded me that it is one per target. But either way I still learned a lot about how I was shooting and I will do MUCH better next match.

Paul Franklin

This should not count being I was using one of those TUPPER WARE things :wacko:

Production Glock 17 100% factory gun 11 pound trigger and all <_<

17.46 seconds

67 points

HF- 3.8373

I started left top, down, middle, right, up.

did make up one shot into hardcover.

Hopalong

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
56  -20   15.31         HF = 2.3514

oh well, C class forever! there is always IDPA

I always like to read older posts like this and then see the shooter's current position. It should inspire the newbies to keep at it. What a difference a few years makes in a person's confidence and abilities. I'm guessing Flex and Steve M. would eat this one alive today without hesitation. :D

I haven't fired a shot in a month and this was our first stage today (in a cold indoor range)so I didn't do that well :angry: . However, I'm thinking that if I could shoot this in warm weather and outside (with better lighting) I could really improve on it. It really wasn't bad at all.

As it was I pulled shots into B and C hits and ended up with 67pts and 16.19 sec for a probable 69% in revolver.

I shot freestyle top right, right to left bottom, top left. Same for strong hand, then reversed the order for weak hand. I typically shoot left to right so the freestyle didn't feel that comfortable...something to work on <_< .

Nicely done redmist10! After running three flawless stages, I ended up bombing this one rather terribly. I didn't count my hits until the third string ended...3 4 mikes -_-

*Cough* I was wrong...5 mikes. It's difficult to win a 4 stage match when you get 0% of the points in a 70 point stage :blink:

At least I know what "opportunities" I have to focus on :D Looking back, I should have shot it MUCH slower.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Red Mist,

Shot this one today with the trusty Revo.

Started Top right, top left, bottom left, middle, right, on all 3 stages.

Thanks to Steve Andersons' book I had 'already been there'.

HF 3.8954 / Ohio = 68.9470

10 Alphas, 3 Bravos, 2 Charlies, No Mikes = 70 in 17.97

Yeee ha. It's that dry fire practice and light recoil BF ammo everytime.

Edited by aerosigns

• 6 months later...
Nicely done redmist10! After running three flawless stages, I ended up bombing this one rather terribly. I didn't count my hits until the third string ended...3 4 mikes -_-

*Cough* I was wrong...5 mikes. It's difficult to win a 4 stage match when you get 0% of the points in a 70 point stage :blink:

At least I know what "opportunities" I have to focus on :D Looking back, I should have shot it MUCH slower.

I did the same thing today shooting this classifier. Put 3 shots in lower left target into hard cover. Miked two of the headshoots in lower middle target. End result, 48 points, -50 penalties, big fat ZERO for the stage. Lost production by less than 50 points. I gave everyone a 75 point headstart, oh the horror, the horror.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I shot this classifier this past weekend with a total time of 12.33 sec and 64 points. Hit Factor of 5.1906 = 82.6%. I had one D hit on my freestyle string on the last target, which was the upper left one. The strong hand only string was pretty uneventful and the weak hand only string was agonizingly slow (5.3 sec). I felt like I shot it somewhat tentative given the tightness of the shots and that hurt my time. I started with the lower three targets and then finished on the upper two for every string. In order to hit a home run on this classifier you would have to let it all hang out on every string having faith that your hits will be there. Most of the people that I seen try that ended up with at least two misses though. This isn't an easy classifier by any means.