Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iowa Section Video

Ben Stoeger

No, Ben is being modest... he did in fact "own" the rest of us :D ! Great shooting! I'm glad you posted those videos, we were curious to see how you shot some of those stages. I'll make sure to post the few that our squad took when I get my hands on them. On the last stage of the clip (the one with two paper and four steel engaged from two sides of a barrier) did you shoot all the steel and 1 paper from the right and then the final paper from the left??

Edited by Z-man

They way I shot the stage was this:

I drew on the far right paper from the right side, then I shot accross, right to left everything but the one large popper that you couldnt see from the right side. The last target I shot from the right side of the barricade was a paper, I pulled my gun off it a little to quickly, and called an edge D hit on it, possibly a miss. So, when i got to the left, I made up my hit on the paper, and then took the last popper (thats why I fired 2 times).

nice videos.

...not sure the classifer (makin' change) was set up correctly...it's missing the rugs on the table.

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/03-17.pdf

You are correct. The classifier was not set up according to the diagram. There were no rugs. So there weren't any designated start postitions for the gun and mags/moonclips.

Edited by Keith

I wish I would have thought of that! I didn't even think to engage everything possible from the right side. I tried hitting the paper and poppers from their respective sides and it really slowed me down (especially on the left). Lesson learned (unconventional and creative is often the best way to shoot a course)!

• 2 weeks later...

My gun is factory, except for the following:

Beretta factory white 3 dot sites pulled off a Brigadeer.

11lbs recoil spring

DIY Trigger job that breaks about 4.5 lbs single action. (Wolf 16lbs Mainspring+polish)

Mec Gar 15rd mags with E2 Bumpers

What kind of bugs are you having?

later,

Ben

My hand passed under the gun, the elevation looks the same because this stage actually was on the side of a slope, and the camera was uphill pointing down. The muzzle passed over the top of my hand (otherwise my gun would have run into my arm).

Camera angles can do funny things.