Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-63

Singlestack

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not good stage for a stock Grock...

21 Warren, Erik 22 U Production 57 30 28.23 0.9564 23.1681 19.31%

2 Misses on the freestyle far target, shots grouped left; 1 Miss on the strong hand target; no problem on the weak-hand target I was most worried about

I shot this twice last month (Limited 10 and Limited). It was a big reminder that I still need to think "Front sight, press, front sight" on ever shot or I'm toast. What is it about that little timer that gives me an accuracy disorder?

My first run was Limited-10:

PENALTIES: 60

TIME: 37.99sec

HF= 0.2369 OUCH!

I did a little better my second time through in Limited (shooting the same single stack, of course!):

PENALTIES: 30

TIME: 37.59 sec

HF= 1.0907

Note how I sucked on both runs in nearly identically slow times! :P

I shot this last weekend in production 90 points, 22.07, 4.0779 HF. It's the first time I shot prod. and with a SA XD 40. The last time I shot this classifer was back in 2000 in Limited can't remeber the time and points but it was 91%.

Rich

• 5 months later...

A tiny improvement for me today:

Before . . .

18-May-03:

Limited 10

69 points

60 penalties

time = 37.99 sec

HF = 0.2369

Today . . .

07-Dec-03:

Limited 10

89 points

30 penalties

time = 38.26 sec

HF = 1.5421

Still not a respectable percentage, but:

• I had one miss on each target and I know why (I jerked the trigger and knew I missed)
  • I lost time and got one of my misses when I forgot the strong hand only part - I remembered in time, but it resulted in some feet shuffling and bad trigger control
  • I had eight A hits on the far targets

I'm pretty sure that if I had another chance, I could shoot it in a similar time without any penalties.

Well I hope you do not get a chance to shoot it again anytime soon if I am at the match. December 7, 2003.....A Date which shall live in infamy. I zeroed the !@$%

thing Limited-10 with 66 points and 80 penalties in 38.69 seconds. :wacko:

• 6 months later...

open HF 4.2942, 20.26 sec. had a mike on the first freestyle string, and spent a good 4-5 seconds trying to find my dot on the week hand! I knew I wasn't practicing something.... those change overs to week hand are killers for me.

• 1 month later...

Shot my first USPSA classifiers yesterday, trying to get a classification fo the Nationals, this was one of the stages chosen by our club director.

I think, most guys had over 2 mikes, my results were:

Limited - 21.2 sec

25 points down (including 1 mike)

the one mike was on the first shot of the 2nd string on the freestyle target, I was so focused on preparing the trigger that the shot broke early and missed low, the satisfying thing at least (If one can say that after a miss) is that I knew exactly that I had missed that shot 'cause I was clear of my sight picture at the exact moment. After that got all A's on the week hand.

Anyone has any idea what percentage this would come out to be?

thanks

Sergio

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

L-10 - 77pts - 3 mikes - (net 47 pts) - 23.47 sec - 2.003 HF - 37.72%

If I'd have gotten Ds instead of Ms.... 3.536 HF and 66.59%. Ouch - misses hurt!! ;) So do those seven Ds I shot.... :lol:

Edit - I apparently can't add, even w/ a calculator. Had to revise the above downward! :)

• 6 months later...

Old Merel saved my bacon at Sunday's match. Todd Crow had me whipped right up to when we shot my favorite classifer. I had a 5.8761 hit factor in Open, second to James Ong, and a 5.0025 hit factor in Limited where I really needed it.

Great match with lots of good competition. The videos should be up by the 29th of Nov at: www.action pistol.org (shameless plug for the club).

Later

David Benzick

I hate you Merel!

At least Butch (Outerlimits) gave me a laugh. Afer I shot the open gun I knew it wans't good so I didn't even walk down range. Butch who was RO'ing comes back from down range and I ask, "are they all there" and he says "yep, all 12 but 6 were in the target stand"

Todd

Edited due to Outerlimits post below.

To get the proper distance the target was on a short stand at the back of the bay part way up the berm, thus the bottom of the target was only 2 inches from the stand.

Thanks Butch, I started thinking about that after I posted but didn't get around to changing it.

Time to check the zero at 25 with this new load.

Edited by TMC

I hate you Merel!

At least Butch (Outerlimits) gave me a laugh. Afer I shot the open gun I knew it wans't good so I didn't even walk down range. Butch who was RO'ing comes back from down range and I ask, "are they all there" and he says "yep, all 12 but 6 were in the target stand"

Todd

actually, you had 7 on the paper, 5 in the target stand. ;)

now, you better explain to all those reading this post that the target stand was not 3 feet below the target!!! :lol::lol:

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched Sevigney run this one last Sunday with a 5.06 HF 100%. I f-d the first reload and had the misterious mike on the long target :surprise: The weakhand string was good 5a1c, proving all the weakhand practice pays off.