Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-13

Nik Habicht

Shot this one in Production and Limited. Production (the bad) Shot the first string in 12:02, the second in 14.25. Scored 11 As, 10 Cs and 3 Ds. Total 91 points. I shot the two front targets (the outer targets) first, then took the far, center target. Why? Because I had a brainfart. Shot at an indoor four classifier match. When I shot this Limited in May, at my first ever match, I racked up a time of 24.54 combined and 110 points with the same 9 mm Glock. I shot that one left to right outdoors.

99-13.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• 6 months later...

I muffed this one.  It felt O.K.  I think the first string was 7.xx seconds, the second string was 8.xx seconds.  But, I was trying to "follow the bouncing front sight".  I could get away with that on strong-hand...not so much on the weak-hand.  On the weak hand, I milked the grip...pulling a NS/Mike on the left target & a Mike on the middle target.  A slight pause to stabilize the gun would have netted me up to 40 points.

The bad part is on my first run I was smoking it but when I drew my gun some how my elbow hit the timer so the RO stopped me during my reload.  My hits were good and time was going to be great, but.  Then my second run I was so flustered because I had to go clean my mag and get ready all over again.  Had two mikes on the middle target.  Then I shot it again in a diffrent division (still trying to get classified) and on the week hand part my mag falls out.  MAN that sucks.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Shot this one Saturday. Don't know how I could have gone faster. This one has a tough HHF, I think. 7 something both strings, dropped seven points but had 8 alphas on my transition target (T1) something I've needed to work on. Right to left, reload left to right. HF= 7.1519

Cheers,

Norm

This one has a tough HHF, I think.

We shot this one Sunday, our "local" VA pro/GM shot this LIMITED with a combined 11.15, 113pts for a 10.1345 HF, I think that's well above the average HHF.

Fun to watch, hard to do. 2nd place on that stage was another GM at 87%, 10.60 combined with a mike, HF 8.8679.

I shot it a little slower, combined 18.73 with 102 pts, HF 5.4458. Beat my previous score but didn't get me any closer to A class....

Production (match)

1st string was a 6.20, second was 7.73 with a 1.17 draw, but a crappy reload. Had 3 D's, which KILLED ME, and 7 C's :(

HF worked out to 6.6045

Limited (for classification only) was a sight. First string was 6.06, with a Called miss that I made up :angry::blink::o VIRGINIA COUNT DUMMY. Second string I had a transition that sounded like a split, totally unplanned mind you, and it scored a C no less :)

Total time was 13.20, had 11 C's for a 109 less the extra shot....hf was 7.5000 even.

One day I'll be able to operate at 95% of my skill level on demand. Until then, I seem to slip on the razors edge and get cut on occasion.

All string were left to right freestyle and strong hand only and then right to left support hand. I tried to shoot it without regard for the no-shoots........

Tom

Yes this one has a very difficult HF.

100% open: between 10.4 and 10.6

100% limited/lim-10: between 9.1 and 9.3

100% production: between 8.73 and 8.75

admin edit:

David, USPSA doesn't want the high hit factors posted (pretty silly, I think). We don't want to get BE in trouble with Sedro, so I am going to do some creative editing. ;)

Kyle F.

I muffed this one.  It felt O.K.  I think the first string was 7.xx seconds, the second string was 8.xx seconds.  But, I was trying to "follow the bouncing front sight".  I could get away with that on strong-hand...not so much on the weak-hand.  On the weak hand, I milked the grip...pulling a NS/Mike on the left target & a Mike on the middle target.  A slight pause to stabilize the gun would have netted me up to 40 points.

Flex,

You make me feel better about jerking the shots to the right when shooting weak handed. Right before I read your post I told my husband that I would have a ns on the left. <_<

Liota

• 2 months later...

Had a pretty solid run on this one today during our Factory Gun Sectional. No gimmicks, just shot solid. Dropped one C per target and that was it. My total time was 14.01 and 114 pts for a hf of 8.1370. Looks like a 93.xx nationally. I am now officially one classifier away from GM in production. Looks like I'll have to shoot some club matches over the next two months. :P

• 1 month later...

Shot this one today.. 13 flat total time, with abysmal hits. I'm thinking the Open HHF's on the stiff side if 100% is all A's in 11.5 or less.

Update: Checked the graphs.. a quarter of a percent are GM scores, 1% M scores, 4% A scores. 20% B, 70% C&D.

As I suspected, it's a sandbagger special in Open (The Limited and derivative HHFs are much more reasonable)

I shot it today, too, with my favorite Limited gun.

5.75 first string, 7.05 second string for 12.80. Unfortunately, I dropped a few Doggies and had a mystery Miss on the middle target, for a 7.10 hit factor.

Some guy with a wheelgun (S&W 625?) burned this down in 15 seconds for a hit factor a little lower than mine. Unfortunately, it won't go in his Revolver classification, has he was entered in Limited 10.