Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dbolden

So, what kind of problems are you having, dbolden? What kind of ammo? Reloads or factory?

My Berretta is the only pistol I have problems with. I shoot at work and home (local range) regularly. I have no problem with my HK's, Sig, Glock, and Kimber's. Just the .40. All others group excellent out to 25 yards. .40 is all in an 8" group down low to the left.

There isn't anything intrinsically inaccurate about the .40. If your other guns in other calibers, both SA and DA, group well to where you aim then it sounds like the gun's sights aren't adjusted to POI.

Kevin C.

There isn't anything intrinsically inaccurate about the .40. If your other guns in other calibers, both SA and DA, group well to where you aim then it sounds like the gun's sights aren't adjusted to POI.

Kevin C.

The hard part is that I never have anywhere near 8" groups with the others. Looks like I need to sell a Berretta. (This is not a classified ad for the sale of a handgun) B)

Sorry, I picked up on the "low and left" and not the "eight inch group" part. 4" at 25 yards is what I've heard as being acceptable accuracy out of a service gun, so that, your right - if you shoot better groups with similar triggers on other guns, then it's the gun.

Maybe a better fit barrel?

Sorry, I picked up on the "low and left" and not the "eight inch group" part. 4" at 25 yards is what I've heard as being acceptable accuracy out of a service gun, so that, your right - if you shoot better groups with similar triggers on other guns, then it's the gun.

Maybe a better fit barrel?

I'm really considering a new owner for it. :( I have really lost interest in shooting it. Too much fun shooting my other ones.

Try posting your question at:

berettaforum.net

or is berettaforums.net?

My 96 BI was shooting pretty good groups on paper plates at 10 to 15 yds a few weeks ago.

Things changed at a bigger steel match though. It kept hitting lower in the steel's stem, which sucked.

But I bet the gun still groups better than my 1911.

Edited by Chills1994

Try posting your question at:

berettaforum.net

or is berettaforums.net?

My 96 BI was shooting pretty good groups on paper plates at 10 to 15 yds a few weeks ago.

Things changed at a bigger steel match though. It kept hitting lower in the steel's stem, which sucked.

But I bet the gun still groups better than my 1911.

My 96 Elite II easily holds a couple of inches at 25 yards, and I can throw shots offhand through a piece of notebook paper at 50 yards all day long. I'd say you've got a dirty or flawed barrel, or something else inherently broken.

H.

Kevin C.

The hard part is that I never have anywhere near 8" groups with the others. Looks like I need to sell a Berretta. (This is not a classified ad for the sale of a handgun) B)

Stock Berettas have abominable triggers. You wouldn't believe how much work I have put into mine, and it still is vastly inferior to a 1911.

I'd wager trigger control is the culprit.

BTW, most Berettas shoot low out of the box because those idiots who make them use the "combat sight" method. If you don't know all about that, it means the guns hit about 3" low at 25 yards when aimed using the normal method of sighting.

My Ber 92 also shot about 3" left, and I ended up having adjustable rear sight installed.

Edited by bountyhunter

• 3 weeks later...

"I'd wager trigger control is the culprit."

Is the 96 trigger that much different?

I am very accurate with the 92, USP9F, Sig 226, M23 SOCOM, and a host of others. I have a hard time believing that the Beretta is that much different.

Please don't take this as a smart a$$ reply, but please enlighten me. I am ready to learn anything I can here just as I am each day I live in everything I do.