• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shot this one yesterday.

Shot the match in Production with G35:

7.58 sec   8 Alphas, 4 Charlies which comes out to 52 points and a hit factor of 6.8601.  That would come out to just under 90% wouldn't it?

edit: Jake was right, popped up as 84.930%.

• 4 weeks later...

Open time 8.01 with 58pts. Which comes out to a 7.2409 HF.

I would have been happy with this except for the 3.07 second mag change . I tried it again later that night.

Time 6.48 with 51pts. a hit factor of 7.8703.

Time was what I knew I was capable of, just not happy with my hits. 7 alphas, 4 charlies and 2 deltas. One of these days I'm going to shoot a classifier that I'm happy with both my time and hits. So far no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Open, 6 Charlies down in 6 seconds flat for an even 9.000 hit factor. I was only fourth on the stage: three people had higher hit factors with slower times. Get the points, stupid!

However, it wasn't set up right and won't be sent in to USPSA.

Details... 1.38 turn-and-draw, transitions of .30 (+ or - .03), 1.57 reload.

Why, oh why does everybody else shoot left-right from the draw and right-left from the reload? Don't answer that; it's a rhetorical question.

Why, oh why does everybody else shoot left-right from the draw and right-left from the reload? Don't answer that; it's a rhetorical question.

Cause so ya won't have to cross all those blank targets after the reload to get back to the left, duh :wacko:

Shot this in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago.

8.42 sec, CLEAN!!!, production. I shoot left to right freestyle, and did that before and after the reload.

Jake emailed this is an 88.4% run; My first Master run!

I then shot a 7.29 with the same gear in "limited" for fun. Points were poor though.

In production I was trying to shoot solid shots, as the minor scoring hurts too much to have too many out of the A zone.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Shot this again Saturday.

Limited, 51 points, 2 d's, 6.52 sec, HF of 7.8221.

First stage, first shooter, and called the D's. Make the d'd into c's and I'm a real hero..... Maybe that will be a new goal for this season.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest qstick

I shot this classifier Sunday as part of my first match.

48 points 13.30 seconds in production with a Springfield XD9. Not the greatest score but I had a great time. :D

Zach

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another run at it in Limited...

4 points down in 6.90 for a 8.0-something hit factor

1.7x draw (crap), 1.6x reload (crap), good transitions. T1 (the draw/reload target) took C and D hits; the others were all Aces.

Folks, they don't call it Melody Line for nothing. Don't get lulled into moving the gun straight across and pulling the trigger every half-second. You should have lightning transitions on the outside targets. Look for the A zones and move the sight up/down to each one. Stop the gun, let your eyes fire it, and move it as it recoils.

Edited by Erik Warren

• 3 months later...
Stop the gun, let your eyes fire it, and move it as it recoils.

Opps.

This was my first USPSA match with a REAL open gun (G34, Major 9 B) ).

I was wanting to push the shooting a bit to see what me and the gun could do. Big mistake.

My turn and draw, I recall being a slow 1.67. I made up for that by going too fast on the first pass...and then I just went faster on the second pass. :rolleyes:

I was rolling right thru the targets. The round intended for T5...well, I pushed right passed T5 and put that round into T6 (Delta), then rolled T6's round into the Delta on the far side of that target.

6 - Alpha

4 - Charlie

1 - Delta

1 - Mike

1 - Extra hit

Farris, Kyle 25 A Open 48 20 5.93 4.7218

I knew this wouldn't count for me, so I headed back for a reshoot after the match to turn something near my class.

Not much better. My turn and draw was quicker, I recall shaving 3/10 of a second off of it. That must have gave me enough time to keep the hits on the proper targets.

6-A, 5-C, 1-D... for 52 points in 6.04.

That is a hf of 8.6093...and 86.093% nationally.

• 4 weeks later...