Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-08

ErikW

NOTE: This is one of the first topics started in the classifiers forum. It sparked a side-discussion about how the "high" hit factor is determined. Those posts were moved into a new topic thread here. Sorry for any "holes" in the thread due to the moved posts.

In a format like this?

Limited 9.0476 hit factor (57 points in 6.30 seconds 1/21/01)

(And yes I'm bragging about setting the high hit factor on this one while I can. I heard somebody just reset it.)

99-08.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot this classifier on 4-1-01, April Fool's Day......86.296%......no foolin'. 59 points in 8.06 seconds for a hit factor of 7.3201. Oh yeah......with a Glock.

Just made A Limited when I shot this one. Gun is a mildly tweaked Glock 35.....AKA--the "Pimp Glock".

(Edited by icer at 12:46 am on July 21, 2001)

Thanks, Eric.   Sorry everyone, I forgot to say that I shot limited. It's an STI .40 with a Nowlin bull barrel.  The dust cover was, long, heavy, but I milled it back to short after discovering that I could shoot just as well with my stock .45.  I have recently begun shooting limited 10 with my old U.S. made Springfield Armory .45.  So I'll try to remember to say that too.   I am really interested in hearing what was going through your mind as you shot the stage.  To me that's half the fun.  We're each faced with the same problem to solve and you're maybe thinking, " my front sight looks HUGE!" and I'm thinking, "how can they expect anyone to be that flexible?":)    Pat brought up an interesting point on publishing the hit factors, I think I'll stick to %'s only, just to be safe.  

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I almost had it last week, May 6th, 2002...

Limited, STI .40 long dustcover full magazines 18 rounds. Brand new STI grip with no modifications or undercutting.

Eric Sites - A42091

5 x As, 3 x Cs, 3 x Ds and 1 Miss in 6.08 seconds...

I should have slowed down just a little and shot a little more accurate.

• 5 weeks later...

the name is what I get because most of my guns are either  polished hard crome or nickel or stainlessor what ever , there shiny except for my favorite 40, Infinity, which I shoot most all the time. It barely has a finish on it ,some wornout black coating like a duragard that was real cheap but its my best shooter love the tri-glide trigger system.............. I am master class limited,  Later

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a 48.99% posted after waiting forever for 2 others that dissappeared.

I'm ashamed of my first score, but this one perks me up and gives me hope.  I wasted time double checking that my mag was seated after the reload (why do I do such things?) so I could have upped the percentage slightly if I hadn't blown that time.

One of these days I'll realize that my .45 seats a lot easier than my .38 Super with those Wilson mags.

Hey Erik and who ever else is interested that score 6.13 down 3 turned out to be 99.8% in Limited, my friends score 5.9 down 2 turned out to be 100% in Limited , I need 1 more of that kind of score within the next month or so and I'll be a "G"  Man in Limited.............Later

• 4 weeks later...

Shot this one Saturday, limited division with a Glock 35.  Comstock was 8.2171 with 53 points and a time of 6.45.  Whacked a D that I wish I hadn't.  Nothing felt exceptionally good or bad about the performance.  Based on previous posts this will probably be a low to mid master score, but I will edit when USPSA posts the score so we can know for sure.

Later update:  88.356% per USPSA

(Edited by cpty1 at 7:35 am on Nov. 8, 2002)

• 2 months later...