Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-24

• 11 months later...

Limited, 59 points in 6.89 (strings of 3.45 and 3.44). Shot very conservatively to preserve strong position in match overall.

It should go without saying to start string #1 El Presidente style.

Edited by Erik Warren

• 5 months later...

Limited 10

57 points - 20 penalties = 37 points

Time = 10.72

HF = 3.4515

Shameful, even for a C-class for lifer!

On the first string, I was going way too slow, but I was calling my shots. On the first shot on the third target, I knew I had thrown one to the left and assumed it was a miss. After I'd pulled the trigger (and got an A hit) another time, I saw that I barely broke the perf on the far left side of the target with my first shot. Extra shot and extra hit . . .

On the other hand, I think it was cool that I knew I'd "missed" and where.

Twix, another buddy, and I shot this a few times in practice yesterday. It's a good drill because it combines all of the skills we've been practicing the last few weeks, plus adds the turn/pivot.

On my first run, I would have improved my score in the match on Sunday by A LOT.

I don't know what happened, but suddenly I can turn, draw, and shoot much faster than I could. I think it's because we've been practicing looking at the targets as quickly as possible, then the rest falls into place. Whipping the head/eyes around and onto that first target is saving me well over a second and maybe two or more from my usual times.

I think the practicing on purpose has also made me a bit more aggressive when I shoot. I've been in the "I'm just happy to be on my feet and here to play" routine for the last year and a half. Using essentially the same skills, but being a little more focused and serious made a big difference on Tuesday.

Let's see if I can implement it in a match!

Rhino, So you and Tom have been practicing. Is that fair? I was just trying way to hard to run with the big dogs.

50 points with a mike and a no-shoot at 8.04. I think they will want my C card back. Not the way I wanted to end my day. MIKE..........

We practiced the classifier AFTER we shot it! So I think that's fair. :P We also shot it as one string, making it kind of a modified El Prez type deal.

Oh, what's this . . . I think I have some of the sand you left behind at the match during the classifier . . . did your bag have a hole in it? :lol:

rhino, I watched you run this and I saw the sand running out of your bag.

I truely think you are a better shooter than that. Better luck next time see ya soon.

I'm no sandbagger . . . I'm a GRANDbagger . . . I'm C-class, but I shoot like a D-classer!

:P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...