Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-23

Nik Habicht

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

In practice yesterday, shot a 3.99 down 3 points. Open.

I learned that I cannot roll acros like I would on targets that are closer together.

The shots sound a lot more like double taps than I normally would allow, but the long transitions pretty much make that inevitable. Plus, at 7 yds you can get away with less seeing on the second shot.

On the turn portion, I have learned that if I whip my head hard enough and get to the gun fast enough, the feet sort themselves out. I used to focus on the feet, to the detriment of everything else.

I also was able to nail an .87 draw on the facing front portion, while staring at the letter a on the first target. Wasnt even thinking about the draw, but (shades of Enos)

The desire to hit the target quickly caused the speed to manifest itself.

Very very cool.

SA

• 3 months later...

Shot this stage today with my Glock 35. I'm a B class LTD shooter.

1st string: 2.62 seconds (facing up range, surrender)

2nd string: 2.17 seconds (facing down range, hands at side)

4.79 seconds total

55 points

UPDATE: USPSA ranked this at 87.507%

Almost thought I had this one today...

1st run 2.08, second run 1.86.. pulled the trigger too soon on the last target..just edged the thing...

guess it doesn;t count..maybe next time :D

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the first classifier I've shot where I didn't clearly screw something up. I'm not saying that I shot it well, just that I didn't *clearly* screw something up. Maybe I'll get the hang of this with enough practice.

This is also my 4th classifier so the U should become a D soon and then we'll see if the above statement is true ...

JONES, KEVIN U Open 52 0 6.83 7.6135

JONES, KEVIN U Limited 10 38 0 7.44 5.1075

Poking back throught this thread and if I'm still capable of doing simple mathematics (by no means certain!), I think the Open score should be some where around 52%. Let's see if I'm close :P

Kevin

Edited by kdj

I shoot L-10 with a H&K P7M8 (with no delusions of being competitive but I happen to like the P7 and this is purely for fun). Since it was late in the afternoon, I shot all stages one after the other with no waits in between and the P7 doesn't like firing ~100 rounds in a short space of time.

The gun and I had to have a couple of "discussions" that afternoon <_<

I guess I can still come close to doing simple math :P

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Limited 10

54 points

0 penalties

9.24 sec total (4.86 for the turn; 4.38 for the head-on)

HF = 5.8442

The 4.86 with the turn was actually not too bad for me. The problem was, I had a D-hit on my first shot after the turn, and it spooked me. So I shot the second string a little too conservatively.

I also should have done the "surrender" on the second string because I can draw faster from surrender than I can from arms at sides. With the turn, it doesn't really matter either way.

I'm guessing my percentage will be in the mid 30%s ... <_<

We could have let you reshoot...

Considering that somebody didn't see your surrender position.

( Funny how I was running the timer but still had to defend the call ;) )

...Guess I should post my score also.

Limited 58 0 6.50 8.9231

Like BigDave I felt I could have ran it much faster, but I tried to call each shot.

I think it will come in at about 64 or 65%. A decent run for me, but it won't move me anywhere.

We could have let you reshoot...

Considering that somebody didn't see your surrender position.

( Funny how I was running the timer but still had to defend the call ;) )

Fortunately everyone else in the squad saw my little hands poked into the air on my first string. Otherwise we would have been in trouble, given that I'm well known to cheat and lie about it afterward. :lol:

James, your patience and diplomacy yesterday were exemplary and well fitting of a club president. I salute you! I think he means well, but the people skills are a not quite Master Class.

After your small taste of the ETVoBTH, you have a better idea of what we enjoyed for several years. ;)

By the way ... you looked good on your run, even though you don't seem very pleased with it.

Unfortunately I did not get to see BigDave shoot it because I was busy SETTING THE RANGE ON FIRE WITH MY BEST STAGE EVER on "Speed Steel."

Hey Bud,

Congratulations on shooting well this last weekend. Old Shooter and I would have shot well too if it had not rained us out.

I think you have been on Mr. Tough Love's practice schedule, your match relsults are getting lots better, I knew it was just a matter of time for you to release the shooting maching inside you. Way to go..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

5/2/04

L-10 Time= 4.94 Points= 48 (pushing just a little to hard) HF= 9.7166

If I have done the math right that will be somewhere around a 72-73%. Not going to help moove me up in A class any. <_<

Posted at 72.6599%