Top Posters In This Topic

Not well...

Open Classifiers

02/03/01 99-48    RICHMOND HOT SHOTS    47.682 B 03/01/01

01/02/00 99-48    RICHMOND HOT SHOTS    66.597 F 02/08/00

Limited Classifiers

12/03/00 99-48    RICHMOND HOT SHOTS    45.575 E 12/20/00

01/16/00 99-48    RICHMOND HOT SHOTS    50.087 E 02/02/00

Yikes! I could only find the latest Open one in the match results, a 10 or 11 second run. Must've had a death jam with the foo-foo gun. Must've drilled white and/or black in the Limited ones.

I recall getting the stage "thrown out" as a classifier (used for the match, not sent in to USPSA) when I dinged the no-shoot perf that wasn't perfectly aligned on T2's A zone.

Yeah, zeroed it for production.  Shot it left to right, had a jam on the center target, did the reload shot it left to right again too fast, took almost fourteen seconds and didn't hit the center target once after the jam.   Let's see, 39 points minus 30 for the misses = Zero.  Even though I didn't think it was representative of my current ability, I didn't ask for a reshoot.    The distances are close, but the center target is the tough one.  It probably didn't help matters either, that it was shot on an indoor range with crappy illumination on that target.  

This stage was deceptively hard.  I shot slow splits when I didn't have too with my first pass and wound up shooting it  7.89 sec. 58pts. 7.3HF limited 10.

Reshot grand bagged it for limited and almost went all out: 6.93sec. 58pts. 8.3HF.  It's going to be very very close if I make master with it.

The realitvely tight shots make this a good tension building stage.  When it dosen't count I can shot this thing in the fives.

• 1 year later...

4 Warren, Erik 18 M Limited 57 0 9.17 6.2159 39.7606 66.27%

I took six shots, lowered the gun, and was about to prepare for the second string when I realized there was only one string with a mandatory reload and the clock was ticking. DOH!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Left to right both times, nice and easy cadence, seeing every shot. I went for the A's, mag changes were not that good. I thought I should have shot it in the low 6's but I slowed down a bunch on the zebra target.

Limited 7.01 60 points 8.559 hf

L10 7.12 58 points 8.146 hf

• 3 months later...
Guest Larry Cazes

Cazes, Larry D Limited 10 57 points, 11.07 seconds, 5.149 HF........Should be a solid C at 49.8%. I should have a new C card coming for this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ascended to all-time new heights of sucking today.

I went first, shooting "Tight Squeeze" as the first stage.

When the smoke cleared, it felt pretty good except for a no-shoot/miss.

Time was okay for me ... 10.13 seconds ...

But then when we scored, I had three shots in the hard cover on the center target for a total of four misses and one no-shoot.

I zeroed another one.

Limited-10

38 points

50 penalties

10.13 seconds ==> HF = 0.000

The ugly thing is, I know I saw my sights on every shot. I had an adequate sight picture for an A hit on every single shot I fired. Today the problem was trigger control ... or the lack thereof. I could have had one of my best classifiers ever, but I was jerking the trigger.

Usually my problem is not seeing my sights, or trying to go faster on my splits than I can see them. Today I did okay in that regard, and I had a good reload too!

ARGH! :angry:

C CLASS FOREVER! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...