Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Production Rig.are Low Hanging Mag Holder Ok?

Your positioning of the mag.s and the holster looks ok. The only thing I'd worry about is the max. 50mm (just under 2") dimension called for in Appendix US-D9. Rule 5.2.5 says that you check compliance by "measuring the closest distance between the competitor's torso and the center of the longest dimension of ... any reloading device". I've never seen it measured so I'm not quite sure how it would work. I'm taking the L1 RO seminar this weekend and will ask.

In any case, nice XD setup.

How do you like your speed comp pouches?

I used the speed comps in Production and loved them; to use their sales pitch they really do put the mags in a good position. No twisting of your wrist and you can get 5 in the same space as 4 UM's type pouches on your belt.

Looks good R/T, I worried a little about the spacing but when I measured it was good for me. I think you can get thinner spacers from Speed Comp if distance is an issue.

Edited by j2fast

Your positioning of the mag.s and the holster looks ok. The only thing I'd worry about is the max. 50mm (just under 2") dimension called for in Appendix US-D9. Rule 5.2.5 says that you check compliance by "measuring the closest distance between the competitor's torso and the center of the longest dimension of ... any reloading device". I've never seen it measured so I'm not quite sure how it would work. I'm taking the L1 RO seminar this weekend and will ask.

In any case, nice XD setup.

As a quick check, insert the short side of a USPSA overlay between the mags and the closest point on the body (Dunlop Disease helps in this scenario). They measure ~50mm.

Thanks Fellas I measured it and it close but in.

I practice with them today and the mags changes seem real good to me. Most right around 3.5-4.0 .

I like the fact when canted the height drop is perfect and reverse the hanger made a huge improvement for me.Bieng a knuckle drag-er.

Of to sksc tomorrow for there classifier might be able to squeeze in another this month I hope.Depends on how the step daughter move goes.

5.2.7.2 covers holsters only. It says that the butt of the pistol can't be below the top of the belt. Nothing about mags though.

If you need some thinner spacers, PM me.

I'll bring some to the Pistol-Gear Group Shoot.

5.2.5 Where a Division specifies a maximum distance that a competitor’s

handgun and equipment may extend away from a competitor’s

body, a Range Officer may check compliance by measuring

the closest distance between the competitor’s torso and the center

of the longest dimension of the handgun grip and/or any

reloading devices.

that being said. You would still be ok

Talked to Carl Schmidt today at a L1 RO Seminar. He confirmed that the speed comp. pouches are ok Production. He had recieved a similar inquiry from a shooter that will be using them at the West Coast Production/Single Stack match.

:D These ar way faster than my quad blade tech :wub:

I shot a qualifier match had a gun spring failure on the first stage :o Replaced and had another brain fart later but the gear is great B) .

These are awesome holders and I would recommend then to anyone looking to gain an edge.

Special thanks to Speed comp who told me just how to invert the hangers.