Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum Nomenclature

benos

Guys, and Girls,

I put up a page tonight to assist the "forum challenged" so that they may fearlessly register and begin asking and answering questions. Once I got started, I had a bit of fun with it, so I posted the fun part here. If you know any Forum challenged individuals, there is a link to the full page (including the actual useful info) on my home page.

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/forum.html

Feel free to add additional "nomenclature" in this thread and I'll add it to the forum page.

FORUM NOMENCLATURE:

FORUMS – The entire huge mass of questions and answers.

FORUM – A specific group of questions and answers with a common theme, such as "Gun Specific Questions." Nevertheless, the word Forum, in singular form, is often used just to refer to the "huge mass."

FORUM CATEGORY - A group of FORUMS with a similar theme, such as "Shooting Questions."

TOPIC – A specific thread or group of questions and answers within a specific FORUM.

ADMINISTRATOR – The absolute all-powerful god of the Forum, who’s job entails overseeing every aspect of the Forum, including but not limited to: humbly attempting to answer every question, deleting stupid or double posts, and treating everyone fairly, however boring this last requirement may be. Furthermore, he must tirelessly devote himself to mastering – "typing quickly without making too many mistakes."

MODERATOR – An individual with a vast amount of expertise in a certain field, generally acknowledged as possessing near god-like abilities. This may not always be the case, however, as sometimes a Moderator is simply chosen because he is the only one silly enough to volunteer for the job. In addition, they make the administrator’s job easier because they can "manage" specific Forums, leaving the administrator free to do other important tasks, such as the previously mentioned - deleting stupid or double posts.

FORUM GREATS – Accomplished (referring to competition only, because we’re all GREAT) individuals, like Pat H, Patrick S, Travis T, or Kelly N, who have nothing whatsoever to gain by answering huge numbers of questions, but do so anyway.

FORUM LOSER – An individual with little or no shooting or competition experience, who, for some unknown reason, persists in offering specific advice anyway.

FORUM INCOMPETENT – A poster, like myself (except I have the power to delete or alter any post, so most don’t get to see when I screw up), who post the same question or answer more than once.

FORUM NEWBIE – Typically, although not always, a newcomer, who posts questions that have already been posted. Although this is easy to do because of the size of this Forum, it’s still fun to have a derogatory name for these individuals.

FORUM IMBECILE - An individual who answers a question in the wrong FORUM.

TYPOPOSTER – Any poster who misspells more than 25% of the words in his post. This includes failure to capitalize words, leaving out critical words altogether, as well as writing in all lower or upper case. Although not seen on this Forum, posting in all caps is grounds for banning from all Forums – for life.

FORUM GEEK – A registered member who thinks they deserve special credit, like a free book for example, for being the one-thousandth, two-thousandth, or five-thousandth "Poster."

CLUELESS POSTER – A question, posted by a FORUM user, with the secret hope of having the entire universe revealed in the answer.

JOKEMASTER – An individual who never answers a question, much less asks a good one; but instead uses the FORUMS as a means of humoring himself with his jokes and anecdotes.

AP – Acronym for ACROPOSTER: an individual who uses so many acronyms in his posts that it becomes impossible to discern the actual meaning.

FORUM CHALLENGED – An individual with an unexplainable fear of posting on Forums. However, with a few kind words and a little instruction, these individuals may turn into a:

FORUM USER – An individual who discovers a new meaning to life by virtually living on various Forums, and may subsequently need professional help if their favorite Forum "goes down."

FORUM IS DOWN – The worst nightmare of the FORUM USER. Due to the unexpected disruption of service from the service provider, the USER may suffer symptoms similar but not limited to: "drug-like" withdraws, a general uneasiness, a marked grouchiness, or a complete inability to function in normal daily life.

MACHO POSTER – (Seldom, if ever, seen on this particular Forum - yet.) An individual who believes he could whip Bruce Lee in a fight or outshoot Robbie Leatham with a pistol, and yet, with no hesitation, quickly asserts this to anyone silly enough to provoke him. Note: seldom seen in action, it is believed by most that they never leave the house, (or their Mom’s house).

FORUM MASTER – An individual who has delved so deeply into specific matters that he is capable of posting one single question that would require an entire book to answer.

FORUM RETARD – A poster who asks so many questions that he doesn’t have enough time in the day to read the answers tirelessly provided by the FORUM GREATS.

THE CONFUSER - An poster who words his questions so that it's absolutely impossible to figure out anything at all about what he is actually trying to ask.

THE MIXERUPER -  An individual who either deliberately or unconsciously answers a question without actually answering the question in any way whatsoever. (An effective technique, if done at the right moment.

be

Looks like Kyle is going for the newly created FORUM PEST, (obviously) and also the FORUM INCOMPETENT. Maybe we should have a contest to see who can rack up the most "Nomencalture Names"....

Oh, and be sure to suggest your friends!

be

Quote: from Singlestack on 11:51 am on Aug. 28, 2001

Ok, I gotta ask. What is a Foo and why do I have to wear it's shit?

Well it's like this -

there was once a guy traveling through ancient china.  he met up with a wise old man who had a bird on his shoulder - the old man never went anywhere without his bird (and the resulting birdshit).  So the guy finally asked the old man "What's with birdsh*t"?  The old man replied it was for luck.  Of course the young guy scoffed causing the old man to offer up his lucky bird to the young man.  The young guy of course took the bird, and the first time the bird pooped, the young man wiped it off.  Within a minute a bolt of lightning came down from the sky blasting the young man (the bird was okay though!)

As the old man bent over to pick up his bird, he was overheard muttering

"I TOLD HIM, IF THE FOO SHITS WEAR IT".

And of course you've all heard about Roy's new shoes ...

Roy was a cowboy that slept in the open, and woke up to find his brand new shoes chewed to bits.  So he tracked and hunted the critter that did this for YEARS until he finally found it and killt it.  While carrying the animal to town to have it skinned and stuffed a friend stopped him and asked -

"Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes"?

These two jokes with their resulting punchlines are examples of my Dad's really sick sense of humor.  My family uses them (just the punchlines!) often to release tension and cause hilarity amongst ourselves.