Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

France vs. Germany

Patrick Sweeney

The Germans invaded France in two world wars so they could get a good meal.  for everyones sake, lets hope they just have their next war catered by the French.

The French and the Germans are both arrogant and overbearing, but the French don't know why.  The Germans can tell you in excruciating detail.

When Germany was unified, they voted for a new capitol.  Paris won the first round of voting.

On behalf of the fatherland, the motherland, and my parents, I, the German on the board, must protest!!  I'm terribly offended (not) and if I wasn't going to bed I'd tell you in excruciating detail just what is wrong with this very unfunny bit of fluff that you must have erroneously placed in the humor section; to my way of thinking it might belong in cultural affairs, if this website had a cultural affairs section, which it should, considering that there are members of the forum from Norway, Canada, Southeast Asia, Australia, and of course the far western territories of Germany, eh, make that France.  Hopefully that last sentence was long enough to make you remember the words excruciating detail.  Side note to Jerome and Julien, we'd like Alsace-Lorraine back, and this being the politically correct 00's we aren't willing to invade to get it back.  So would you please hand it over......Oh right we are all one big happy family now under the European Union, aren't we??

LOL,

• 1 month later...

Jerome, Patrick, Brian,

I always thought that the members of this forum are intelligent enough to be unprejudiced. But now I have to recognize that I was wrong!

Nik,

you are right. The posts of these gentlemen are very unfunny!

(Edited by Peter K at 8:01 pm on Oct. 5, 2001)

then there is the one of the German, the Frenchman and the American making a dinner appointment for 8 pm. They never even meet, here's why:

The German gets there at 7:59, waits for two minutes, sees noone, and leaves angrily at 8:01.

The American gets to the same place at 8:15, hangs around until 8:35 and then leaves angrily.

And for the  French, *8:00 pm* means *anytime after 10 pm*....

--Detlef (3rd German on the board)

I like people. I don’t dislike anybody, unless you f**K me over. Then, usually, I don’t even waste my time disliking, I just don’t go there. It’s not worth it.

The sad but honest truth about the "joke" is that I've been to France, along with about 20 other countries, and have driven the state routes of every state in the US (except Hawaii, where I "hear" you are treated similarly to the way Americans are treated in France), and no where have I ever encountered a ruder more unfriendly "general population" than in France. Except for maybe in London, the rest of England was OK. On my way through France the first time, I met one individual that was a human being, the rest were assholes. (Jerome, I’m talking about INDIVIDUALS who were assholes, not Frenchmen.:) On my way back through, again I encountered nothing but rude, arrogant people. I left that country quickly. Which is what they wanted, I'm sure, but at least I left as little of my money there as possible. Now, to me, that is a sad fu**ing story. But it is true.

That is what nationalism breeds. It's just one more form of superiority, which is rooted in and produced by division. The problem is one of division - not of who’s right, who’s wrong, who’s rude, or who’s nice.

That’s where all the clever masks of superiority begin. As soon as we divide, whether as a country, a religion, an ethnic group, a race - whatever – we become confused about who and what we really are, and what is important. Why? The minute we divide, we begin grasping and clinging. It  is all fear driven. Division breeds fear. I could go on, maybe some day I will. Why can't we all just live as human beings - after all, we're all in this together, right? We really are, at much deeper level than is generally recognized.

I've unconditionally helped out my entire life. I live with very few regrets. I get more than I give.  And I'll never change. Basically, I live to learn. And, to everyone that I have ever (knowingly or unknowingly) treated rudely, I apologize. Each day I learn what it means to live, and that is one thing I'd like to leave behind.

be

Brian,

I'm sorry for the bad experience you had in France.

We have to make up with that.

So, why don't you come to south of France (where Julien & I live) and shoot the Mediterranean Cup next May ? This is a level 3, 24 stages, 360 cartridges (min). Last year (18 stages) we had a blast :) , shooters came from all over Europe and Israel, great weather (shortage of suncream), fabulous shoot off. Shooters who travel a lot said that was one of the best matches around, and I beleive them, even though I got DQ...

I'm sure you'll find a bunch of very friendly individuals, and will go back with a different opinion about France.

Of course, anyone who wants to come along with Brian is much welcome.

Info on www.ipsc.org

Thanks Jerome!

I'm sure it must be a good match if a DQ endorses it! It sounds like fun, however I think my big travelin' days are over. Until I make some cash that is, and to do that I need to get this next book finished, which definitely won't be by may! :)

be

Hey Flex,

It is a scientific fact that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body.

Therefore, we left - handed people are the only ones in our right minds!!!!

Hey Brian,

I'll second jerome about the may match.

Sorry too you met the "wrong" french.

I know there are some people , not only in france, that don't like foreigner tourists.

I remember very different behaviour when i travelled to spain or to germany (I have nothing against german or spanish people), very friendly people and very ugly people in both country.

I don't think we are much arrogant  !

I agree with Jerome for the "alsace-lorraine" thing, porsche are greeeeeaaat cars !

DVC

Julien :-)

Julien as you say there are rude people in every country and they really do do make it hard for the good ones.

In August I was in Europe, almost 22 hours in a plane ( now that I hate) and while in Paris went to a bank to exchange some money.  Walked over to the money exchange counter and was somewhat rudely told they don't exchange money ( this while the other teller was exchanging soemone else's) and that I should go to the American Express office.

Made me feel good about being there.

Mario

I've got to say that I was stunned by the friendliness of the people in Paris, especially the women folk!

I arrived early one morning, walked out of the railway station, down St. Germain, to find the street lined with women all dressed up to welcome me. ( I expect their husbands were hung over and still in bed!)

Many of them invited me to their homes, maybe for a coffee and a croisant.

I must say I was moved by their kindness, its just a shame I had a connecting train to catch

:)P.D.

I think this was in a Miller High Life commercial, regarding the French...

"You can't respect a country we've had to bail out of two big ones in the same century.  But you do have to hand it to them on mayonaise"

I personally have nothing against the French.  Never been there, never met a Frenchman or woman.  I just got a kick out of the military/food humor.  Leave it to an American beer company...

(Edited by BigDave at 2:01 pm on Oct. 22, 2001)